can a magnaflow muffler be reversed? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can a magnaflow muffler be reversed?

mate u should be proud that the new 5lt is australian made. only the block is from the mustang, the heads and blower and 100% australian developed by Harrod motorsport specifically for FPV. It cost them millions to develop it and its not just a simple drop on supercharger. They've already stated that it WILL NOT be available in any other vehicle and if Ford want to put it in the mustang or effie than they have to purchase the complete motor from FPV.
For the Mustang's 5.0L. Quite powerful addition to the american 5.0
Ford Mustang Supercharger
That kit produces :)
624 SAE hp @ 6900 rpm and 536 SAE lb-ft @ 4700 rpm, at approximately 9 psi of boost with 93 octane fuel
(Its 50 state legal (for us U.S. guys :D))
HP to KW that is 465KW
Thats not rear wheel horsepower, expect to loose some through the driveline, so you would probably be looking at....approx....580RWHP (430KW). I would assume about 50HP be lost between the engine and rear wheels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn I love the sound of a supercharged V8 takes me back to the mad max days. aussie pride counter way up. first factory supercharged v8 available in Australia. yee yee yee haa. I wonder if that comes as a hybrid???

Nate that is a ripper! I can almost imagine that on a 4wd.

For the Mustang's 5.0L. Quite powerful addition to the american 5.0
Ford Mustang Supercharger
That kit produces :)

(Its 50 state legal (for us U.S. guys :D))
HP to KW that is 465KW
Thats not rear wheel horsepower, expect to loose some through the driveline, so you would probably be looking at....approx....580RWHP (430KW). I would assume about 50HP be lost between the engine and rear wheels.

Yeh that looks sweet , but unlike the US it wouldnt be legal. Which is wat makes our ne GT Falcon so special, factory supercharged, which basically means thta the sky is the limit with mods on this baby.

a performance shop down here got hold of one of the 315KW models and with a simple tune using the SCT X3 it produced about 430KW at the flywheel. stock intake/exhaust etc... I cant wait to see wats capable once they open up the exhaust/intake/injectors etc...

then i may start looking for one to throw in the ex :)

Now we're talking, s***, 430 kw with just a tune? There may be some of those at the wreckers sooner than we think.
I wonder if we'll see 'em in next years bathurst 24hr? I' like to see it blow away the ferrari's,lambo's,porches and dunnydoors down conrod

is the exhaust in yet ? or is there still a count down ?

Tomorrow morning at 8.30am only 20hrs-50min-56,55,54,53,52,51 seconds:D to go!

I just chucked in the signature while talking to James on the other thread. I'll try to get a video uploaded tomorrow arvo

Wow counting seconds! :eek:

Someone obviously has too much time on their hands... :p: J/K

defintately want to hear the video!

nah,I'm not counting. honest, I'm not (18 hrs 30 min 22 sec):D

nah,I'm not counting. honest, I'm not (18 hrs 30 min 22 sec):D

Guess counting down must be an australian trait... :p:
J/K

Yeah that was a great aussie music show COUNTDOWN. hosted by a bloke called molly meldrum. I didn't realize you have it over there. hasnt been on the telly for about 15 years, but its good to know its on somewhere.

I also learnt a bit from sesame st 1, 1 magnaflow...2,2 magnaflow...3,3 magnaflow. I just reversed the process(a bit like I was wondering when I started this thread) man that vampire could count ha haha haa

cant wait for the results, and the " this is awesome " post lol

ALL DONE AND YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT thanks Danny and Nate sounds f***** great and I'm well happy. Video on my phone is utter S*** cant tell much from it so ive just bunged a few pics of me exhaust tip on here for you guys to have a squiz at. Thanks again fella's for all of your help. Have a good one boyo's

Attachments

• 23112010.jpg
    23112010.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 23112010_001.jpg
    23112010_001.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 23112010_002.jpg
    23112010_002.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 23112010_003.jpg
    23112010_003.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 162

how you like the newly found pull in the mid-top end ? lol

the sound of the exhaust will change a little bit once the muffler breaks in, and will sound nice :thumbsup:. now i bet you grin ear to ear when you punch the throttle, but wait till you get James to write your tunes ( OMG 95+ octane - can you say envy ! ) your 6 banger is gonna feel even better :D

mid & top end pull is cherry ripe, I'm really stoked with the note she has now. It was the only thing that I wasnt happy with in my Ford and now is all good. I was thinking about starting a thread about specific tunes people have in their rigs, just so I have some idea of what to ask James for when we start emailing what do you reckon? I have absolutely no idea of what these things are capable of.

i have no clue either, especially cause your in austrailia which is on a whole different level of fuel grades...

what do you do with your x ? and what do you want it be able to do ?

mainly i want my X to get better mileage. right now im running rich since i have altered the factory A/F ratio, and just want it to be corrected for larger airflow. for me gaining more HP/TQ is just an extra perk :D

I'm pretty sure I'll go for that 95 for the highway. I get up to about 90mph currently when overtaking semi's and I want 100mph in the same distance (less time on the wrong side of the road = safety). I only do that run 8 times a year to pick up my son for school holidays.

The street tune you were talking about sounds good for a daily drive. I wonder if the torque and tow tune are the same? James said a tow tune uses more fuel so I dont think I'll get that.

and no.3? no idea man.

are you still financing your X ? if you are, i would leave the last tune for the stock tune, incase you needed to bring it in the dealership etc for any repair...

i think i wanna get this...

1. 87 factory tune - incase i have to get service work etc done...

2. 89 street tune - going to be the main tune Ill use...

3. 93 street tune - for when i feel like being wild lol hahaha...

again my main reason for the tuner, is to correct and balance my A/F ratio w/ the intake+ exhaust mods for optimal MPG. Then the power gains that will come with each tune is just a perk like i said...

So I didnt realize you needed to keep one slot free to upload the factory tune onto. Cool thats me sorted then. There are some horror stories of people getting a service without returning the stock program and it will definitely be choice to have a custom tune made for the a/f ratio on your beast. It doesnt matter how many holes I drilled in my airbox, The pcm will let him know cfm at the intake, I think?

im not 100% sure if thats the case... James will have those answers...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it'll take a couple of weeks for mine to get here, I reckon you"ll be getting yours first! We'll have to have a yarn about it then when everythings a bit more solid

Back