• Register Today It's free!

heater resistor 2006 explorer

bmagee1942

Reaction score
City, State
saint john new brunswick canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 explorer limited
my blower motor was running i high speed all the time no control i have climate control in my limited found the unit under the dash behind the blower motor removed glove box for easy access had to remove the 4 wheel dive unit to get at the 1 screw holding the unit in place use 7mm socket on vertical screw to remove 4 wheel unit 8mm socket removes the srew holding the resistor unit in place pull it down and diconnect plug it uses a triac to control fan speed it was shorted i my unit you can check this with an ohmeter i installed a new unit but i think you could solder a new triac in with a little work a good tria will read open with the meter leads across the 2big terminals and reverse the leads it will read 1 megohm this is a fairly easy job if you want t do it yourself rather than taking it to some one for repair could be fairly costly the resistor unit costs about $80 have to by this from the dealer it is special because of the climate control this is for information bob

My blower motor was running on high speed all the time, I couldn't control it. I have climate control in my Limited and I found the unit under the dash, behind the blower motor. I removed the glove box for easy access. I had to remove the 4 wheel drive unit to get at the 1 screw holding the unit in place. I used a 7mm socket on the vertical screw to remove the 4WD unit. An 8mm socket removes the screw holding the resistor unit in place, then pull it down and disconnect the plug. It uses a TRIAC to control fan speed. It was shorted out on my unit. You can check this with an Ohm meter. I installed a new unit but I think you could solder a new TRIAC in with a little work. A good TRIAC will read open with the meter leads across the two big terminals and when you reverse the leads it will read 1 mega ohm. This is a fairly easy job, if you want it do it yourself rather than taking it to some one for repair, which could be fairly costly, the resistor unit costs about $80. You have to buy this from the dealer, it is special because of the climate control. Just thought I would share this info. -Bob

There ya go. :D

wholly **** what a sentence!!!

Back