Looking to replace body mounts on a 2008 sport trac but can only find them for up to a 2005. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to replace body mounts on a 2008 sport trac but can only find them for up to a 2005.

sticks004

Reaction score
City, State
Wyandotte, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
I have been unable to locate replacement body mounts for my 2008 sport trac Adrenalin. I went to Ford dealer and the part #s seems to have been changed after
2005. They could not find any mounts in their inventory and said no longer available. Does anyone with a 2006 and newer know what to replace them with and where to purchase them? The only thing I found were the mounts for the front location (A or 1 position). I just can't believe there is not a replacements available.
Anyone had this issue?

try to find a mount kit for a gen IV explorer?

I know you can buy the individual body mounts for that model explorer, they get kinda expensive. Rockauto lists them

from wikipedia:
The second-generation Ford Explorer Sport Trac shares the Ford U251 chassis with the fourth-generation Ford Explorer. As part of the redesign, the wheelbase was stretched to 130.5 inches (4.6 inches longer than the previous generation). In a break from its predecessor, the 2007 Sport Trac adopted the four-wheel independent suspension of the Ford Explorer; after the Honda Ridgeline and Hummer H1, the Sport Trac became the third pickup truck with such a suspension layout.

Back