Revo 275/70/16's? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Revo 275/70/16's?

Hi Gang,

I'm new to the list. I'm considering mounting the Bridgestone Revo At's in a 275/70/16. They measure 31.2 x 10.8 and would be going on the stock SportTrack rims of an '01 Sport. I don't plan to lower or raise the truck. It's primarily a street driver. Most likely, I'll later got with a sway bar in back and the Edelbrock shocks. Does anyone have any experience with this size. Any concerns or downside, (rub, handling, gas mileage) to going this route? I've tried the 255/70/16's. Awesome tire just aesthetically wanting a bigger footprint. Thanks and happy holidays!

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry man cant really help you out i don tknow what the sportracks can fit. i have 31/10.5/r15 offroad tires and wheels

Originally posted by fjl996
Hi Gang,

I'm new to the list. I'm considering mounting the Bridgestone Revo At's in a 275/70/16. They measure 31.2 x 10.8 and would be going on the stock SportTrack rims of an '01 Sport. I don't plan to lower or raise the truck. It's primarily a street driver. Most likely, I'll later got with a sway bar in back and the Edelbrock shocks. Does anyone have any experience with this size. Any concerns or downside, (rub, handling, gas mileage) to going this route? I've tried the 255/70/16's. Awesome tire just aesthetically wanting a bigger footprint. Thanks and happy holidays!

Cheers

I just put the dueler at revos 275/70 16 on my 98 sport. I have had no rubbing problems so far, but it's mainly a street machine with minimal offroad. Have noticed no change in the spedo or gas mileage.

Just my 2cents.

Expl0der8, is that with no lift at all. I was also about to buy the Revo in 275/70/16. I have the TT and Shackles, but I just wanted some opinions if they would fit. I guess they will as I have run 31x10.5 BFG muds, and these are only slightly taller and wider.

Originally posted by rhyno
Expl0der8, is that with no lift at all. I was also about to buy the Revo in 275/70/16. I have the TT and Shackles, but I just wanted some opinions if they would fit. I guess they will as I have run 31x10.5 BFG muds, and these are only slightly taller and wider.

Yep, no lift at all. They should fit fine.

hey Exploder8,

thanks for the scoop! do you have any impressions of the ride and handling with the 275's? what tire were you coming from? thanks again!

cheers

Originally posted by fjl996
hey Exploder8,

thanks for the scoop! do you have any impressions of the ride and handling with the 275's? what tire were you coming from? thanks again!

cheers

I moved from 255/70 16 to 275/70 16. The truck corners much better now, feels more stable. The tires are quiet and not to hard and not to soft, just right for me. I've had no problems with the rain so far, getting axious to try them in the snow.

I just ordered my 275/70/16 Revo's 10 minutes ago at the local Costco. $143 Installed on the rims! Best price I have seen around. I told them they were for a 85 wrangler. He goes "my system doesnt show that they made a wrangler in 85, do you mean CJ7?" I was like "oh yea". I felt like the biggest a**hole lying to him, because I think he knew I was not telling the truth. Oh well.

hey Rhyno,

did you get your Revo's on your truck yet?
any performance feedback?

cheers

I've got the 265/75R16 Revo's (but i've got 3.5-3.75" of lift in the front, 4+ in the rear)

They look great, ride great on road, and do great off road.

A 275 will fit no problem on your Sport Trac. You have different wheel wells on your 01 and don't have the fender flares that I have on my '99 so you can fit a bigger tire stock.

I have seen 285/75/16s on a sport trac with no rubbing and they looked AWESOME, with a TT and shackles and maybe a little trimming you should be able to step up to 33s.

did you get your Revo's on your truck yet?

Sorry FJl996, Costco had to order them for me since they did not have that size in stock. They said their shipment should come in on Thursday, Dec 4. I will let you know after I get them put on which will hopefully be later this week.

thanks Rhyno,

let me know
i may have my 275's this thursday and will do the same

cheers!

Well, I put the Revos on last night. I had to put the truck on jackstands in the garage and take the wheels to Costco. I love the look of these tires in this size. I was a little nervous as I had only seen pics of them and had never seen them in person. They are definetly aggressive enough for someone who does the majority of his driving on-road (me). No rubbing so far.

I have only drivin the 25 miles to work this morning, but so far I am very happy. Next time we get some snow or I go offroad I will let you know how they do.

Got pics yet ??

Who has the BEST PRICE on these tires ??

Costco was the best price I could find. Tirerack was cheaper, but when I factored in shipping and mouning costs the deal did not look so good! I can take some pics this weekend of the tires.

i got mine at the firestone/bridgestone dealer. i mentioned that i was shopping at tire rack and they agreed to match the price per tire plus tire rack's shipping cost, (i think this is pretty standard as i spoke with two dealers about it). also, there was no hassle with them mounting the larger than stock size. this was a good way to go as they also offer road hazard protection and unlimited rotation at a nominal cost. also, bridgestone has a 30 day test drive which is nice. tire rack has a great service but i like the access to a firestone/bridgestone dealer just about anywhere you go.

cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back