• Register Today It's free!

wont start pats system

refg3880

Reaction score
City, State
utica ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 eddie b
i know you have read this before but im having trouble with my 03 eddie b. the truck wont start, the pcm is not reading the key code for the pats system. i only have one key for the truck, so now what, i cant program a new 2nd key with the first one not working. is there a way to "recode" the pcm and add 2 new keys?

do i need a new pcm? bought the truck as a flood and EVERYTHING WORKS! No blown fuses, motor is free and clean, when i turn the key i only get a relay click from under the dash, the starter and soliad test fine and i can start the truck if i "jump" the fuel pump relay and cross the starter? but the key does nothing, also the seat memory and pedals dont work and i've read that, that info is stored in the key chip.

please help someone must know how to help!!!!

thanks bob

It is my understanding that you must get a correctly coded second key from the stealership to reset your system. I could be wrong but i though that I read this on and earlier post.

A good locksmith might be able to get you a working key, the guy that did mine hooked up his scanner, erased all stored keys, then programmed the only key I had, plus the spare he sold me.

The key itself does not hold the info on the memory seat, it's the other way around, the module stores the FOB info, that way it will go to setting 1 with FOB #1, and setting 2 with FOB #2.

All that said, I do not think that you have a PATS issue, you might want to keep researching before you spend $

Back