Home Improvement | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Home Improvement

Working on a project around the house, condo, or apartment? Questions about a home improvment project? This is the place!

Ok, so its possible there may of been an impromptu wrestling match in the hallway last night, and its possible a human head made a large hole in the drywall. (Possibly about 1.5 sq/ft) Assuming this was the case, how would one go about patching such a hole. Should I cut it back and square it off to the stud on one side, or both sides so it wont push back when I spackle, or just square it off and cut a piece to fit and jam it in there?
Ok guys- I have just begun to feel good enough to take my house on again. Here she is from the street--As you can see it has potential- I have dine all the changes myself-built the bay window in the master bedroom add on, all of it. You can see where the original roof line was. It wasn't done the best way--but we only added 65 sq feet to the bottom footprint. The dilemma involves the building between the house, and garage-- The Smokehouse--- More to follow--
We just bought a three level house. The t-stat is on the main level it stays quite comfortable. The upstairs where the bed rooms are however stays pretty hot. Celing fans in every room help some what. We cant afford to crank it so cold to cool the upstairs. Plus it likely will make the main level an ice box. We just got a all new HAVC so any upgrades there would just be silly. Any tips ?
Has anyone tried these? I have a few in my home--one is a 22 watt outdoor lamp post which runs dusk to dawn switched by a photocell. I replaced this, along with several others on 3-14- 2002--and they still work!! Another is on my lamp table in my living room. It has run 24 hours a day! I have noticed though--for a multi light fixture-they are not as long lasting-for some reason if one goes-it will take another. Why is this? And why would a multi light fixture cause one to go in the first place? My 3 light ceiling fan, and a 3 light fixture in my master stairway both blew 2 of them, while a 2 light fixture, and all others are fine. Ideas? Since they last so long, and consume so little energy, I am sold. I wouldlike to use them in...
Ok, here's the situation. I winterized my gf's house last year, and like a dumbass I didnt unhook the swamp cooler water line(in my defense I always had central air). Anyway.. the line ended up splitting in the attic, and when I went to turn the cooler on it leaked. Ok, here is the dilema. The copper tube is 1/4" inch. Its the soft tube, and because it froze and ended up bursting the pipe itself seems to have expanded. I cut the split area out, and I bought some supplies to splice some new 1/4" tubing in.. but the old tubing is now larger/bulged. Is there anything I can do other than cutting a hole in the damn wall where the pipe didnt freeze, and is still 1/4" diameter?
Prior to me becoming a computer technician, I was a certified flooring installer for 5 years and in the business for over 8. I obtained CFI certification I & II, which is basically a instructional certification in ways to properly install carpet, using certain type of tools, identifying defects & how to repair them, etc.. Basic tools needed can be rented from a home improvement store or bought. If you wish to buy them I'd suggest contacting L Fishman & Sons @ http://www.lfishman.com or 1-800-556-7899 or Allied Products @ http://www.alliedproducts.net/ or (800) BUY-GLUE or go to your local home improvement store. Here are the tools being used: knee kicker, stair tool/chisel and carpet knife (can use a regular utility knife in...
Has anyone installed one? I'm talking about the electric mats. Since I have to redo the floor in my bath, I'm considering adding one due to the distance from any major heat source. Yes, my house has gravity heat - ie, wall furnaces. No ducts. It also has concrete slab, so I'm worried about the slab sucking the heat out..
Well recently we wanted to make our entry way seem more open. So the girlfriends uncle came down from Maine to help me with this project. Check it out! Before Pictures: Now the fun begins Down comes the wall! When we removed the stairs, the cat was jumping all over the place and went on the stairs, which was secured to nothing! Pretty funny. \ We had to build a custom platforum to raise the stairs and get everything level. We bought plywood that we didnt need. We reused the one from the old platforom. All I have to do was take out all the old nails. So here I am in action. Heres the platforum level! Heres the sheet rock up! and the door in. Notice the cute little kitty door...
Back