• Register Today It's free!

Wheel spacers

jutgin

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ST
Well let me wipe the drool off my mouth after looking at the body lift before I post this but here's the difference between 1.25" spacers and the 2" spacers I just installed. Anyone want to buy the 1.25's let me know I'll sell cheap.

Rear 1.25
014.jpg

Rear 2
015.jpg

Front 1.25
013.jpg

Front 2
016.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how much you want for them?
I just put 265/70s on my 04 eddie and these spacers would look awesome on it

Never used wheel spacers before but I could use them on my '99 if compatible. How do they attach exactly. Are they safe? Sorry for the dumb questions. If ghoster doesn't want them, let me know what cheap means. Looks good by the way!

they actually come w/ studs on the spacer so you bolt the spacer to your OEM studs and use the new stud of the spacer to bolt your rims.
Are they safe? well not necessarily..but then again what is safe

Looks good man. :thumbsup:

jutgin - looks great. How long have you been running that style spacer, and have you had any issues at all? i have the 1" hub adapters - the ones with the hub locator, and i've been worried about them, but i think compared to yours, the hub centric ones actually do the job more like the original hubs.

Still, looks great, and I'm hoping that mine with the new 2" lift, and set of 265/70/16s (255/65/16s initially, but will replace with the 275s when the time comes to get new tyres) on Gen 2 rims should have it looking similar to yours as they are only 15P offset with the 1" spacer.

How much do you want for the 1.25? I'm interested

How much do you want for the 1.25? I'm interested

I'll take 50 bucks through paypal. Everyone needs to know that if you dont have 1.5" or bigger spacers you have to cut/grind the tip of the stud off.

I'll take 50 bucks through paypal. Everyone needs to know that if you dont have 1.5" or bigger spacers you have to cut/grind the tip of the stud off.

Good point - the Factory 17s and some after market wheels have a "void" betweeb the holes in the back of the mounting face of the rim - if they do, then you may not have to cut the stud off - depends on the depth of the void. With running 2" spacers, the studs still come through the spacer and fit easily into the void on the factory 17s.

I've never seen studs that long on an explorer. Long enough to go through a 2" spacer?

What will shipping be to 32536 and what is your paypal address?

OKay great. I'll ship Monday from work. Just remember you have to grind the tip of your studs off to fit these most likely. unless like stated above your rims are grooved or something to accomadate the stud sticking through. If you change your mind let me know before I ship Monday! And maybe to ease your mind I've had my studs cut like that for years without problems. First on my sport trac and now on my 3rd gen ex.

I've never seen studs that long on an explorer. Long enough to go through a 2" spacer?
Oops, my mistake. On the Ex, I'm only using a 25mm (1") spacer, so the wheels studs go through easily. I saw 2 in the 2" and read it as 25mm (We use metric down here).

Back