15x10 on 31x10.5.15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

15x10 on 31x10.5.15

I've got insurance $ for new wheels, and I want either 15x8 or 15x10 bead locks from www.samsoffroad.com

Has anyone fit 15x10's under a '95 Explorer without any lift before? What if I add a 3" body lift?

I'm trying to avoid buying new wheels again after this time.

If the 31x10.5's I have now fit with 15x7.5s, won't they also fit (in terms of fender rubbing) on 15x10's? I know that rubbing during full lock is a concern, but not for me, I plan on adding 2" wheel spacers.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know about the tire fit but if you're going to be off-roading hard and a lot you shouldn't get the wheel spacers. They're not for 4-wheeling because they're not strong enough. They could break and cause some major damage. It's just what I read in a magazine once.
Brandon

First- are the bead-locks DOT legal in your aera? Next go with the 15x8's. 31x10.50's will fit fine and if you later plan to go larger you can run up to a 12.50 withought any problem. The 15x10's are going to be overkill and cause more problems than you will want to deal with.

Thanks for the input guys, I ordered the 15x8's today. As for DOT legal... i don't know/care. my concern is the bolts backing out... a little bit of lock-right? I've heard the concern with spacers before. These spacers are from NatlWheel, the bearings will die before the spacers do. I'm not violent with the Explorer, but I am tough on it. By the way, the spacers cost $90 each.

you can't run 15x10's on an explorer with no lift...maybe if you had a 4" on it

Back