1992 Mazda Navajo yet again being reborn | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1992 Mazda Navajo yet again being reborn

Thats right my 1992 Mazda Navajo is being reworked for another time. The First step I chose to take was a refreshed Body with a custom Paint job. Also on the plans are to install new Front axle that I have Built with Cut and Turned Beams and f-150 knuckles. Rebuild the rear axle with larger bolt pattern to match Front useing Dutchman Axle shafts. I hope yall guys forgive me but I have no plans to use it off-road after it is complete. This is my Daily Driver and It more or less going to be for show. Even though its more show its going to have every thing it needs to make it go. Its going to be set up for off-road and can be used any day off road I just have chose to drive it on the Road.

Pictures of paint work
97Picture_197-med.jpg

97Picture_199-med.jpg

97Picture_200-med.jpg

97Picture_202-med.jpg

The Front axle
97dana_442-med.jpg

97Picture_127-med.jpg

Shocks
97Picture_203-med.jpg

Chromed Hubs
97Picture_204-med.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Randall,

I anit done a damn thing since you saw it last... I been so damn busy at work. Tomorrow is my day off so I will start putting my Rear end back in place.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Kris Guilbeaux said:
Randall,

I anit done a damn thing since you saw it last... I been so damn busy at work. Tomorrow is my day off so I will start putting my Rear end back in place.

I know the feeling. Trust me. I don't even know how long it has been since I touched mine... :(

Kris Guilbeaux said:
Randall,

Mudd***** said:
I know the feeling. Trust me. I don't even know how long it has been since I touched mine... :(

*class bell rings*

*SVO darts into the class room tardy*

OK!, ok, ok I'm here! Sorry I'm late, my dog ate my home work! :p

Kris it was really good to talk to you on the phone the other day, it's been a while, nice to talk with you to Randle, there again it's also been a while.

Kris if that thing didn't look kickass before now it looks even better, damn it that rig is sweet! :eek:

Great work sir and yes please keep us updated with the info and pics, as a matter of fact I just got through locking up the rear of mine for the second time, last friday, the periods of getting around to working on our own junk seems like forever sometimes. :rolleyes:

P.S. you'll get a call from me soon about the Navajo wheels we talked about on the phone, again thanx ;)

Jeff - :navajo:

*subscribed*

Sorry for no updates on this.. I ran in to an Unexpected Problem with the alignement on my axle. So the Solution was different Drop brackets. And forget the junk ones that come in the kits so I got a 4" skyjacker ones and had a custom driver side axle pivot made out of one that would handle what I was going to put it thought... Yeah it weights 26 lbs. think will be strong?

97Picture_284-med.jpg

Also had a problem with my 8.8 with the 4.56s and ARB.. The Carrier pin bolt was broken inside the carrier Pin. Yeah so that had to drilled out.. :rolleyes:

97Picture_286-med.jpg

97Picture_287-med.jpg

But its moving along. Hopefully january..

Geesh, sounds like one of my projects...always takes twice as much $$$ and 4 times as long as it would on any other truck.

that bracket = beefy!

Not much New Just thought I would throw up a picture as she sits right now.

97Picture_289-med.jpg

The Wheels and Tires came in.. YAY

Picture_311.jpg

Picture_312.jpg

Hot damn thats sexy! Do they rub? Looks too close for comfort!

Hmmmm, I'll be in Victoria on Tuesday...maybe I can come by and see it. Make SVO jealous. :p Yeah, need to check on some wheels as well. ;)

Beautiful Ex man, very nice....

Some plastic will have to be Trimmed From what I can Tell. I will not trim the Metal though.

Stang girl.. Go a Head and stop by.. I dont mind SVO Jealous..

They are American Eagal Wheels 17x8 with 315/70 17 BFG ATs

96limitedX said:
OMG thats so sexy!!! what wheels are those? size..ect i love them!!

Will it ever see the outside again?

For the past three years it's been in the garage, driveway, shop, than it has taken on miles.

Kris quit revising it and drive that damn thing. ;)

Jeff - :navajo:

Man, that is some shiny paint. You must have gone all out for the paint job. Definitly not the Maaco special. Looks real good, cant wait to see it finished.
-Nick Good

It needs a sunroof, LOL.

Very nice navajo. It is coming along nicely.

Also, nice mountaineer. It is identical to the one my dad owns.

Back