04 GT
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mustang GT
Ok, Im goung to give this a run myself.

I have all tools including the reverse torx and torque wrench.

Now, I have the permadry plus full kit pn# MS 98006 T

I decided since I hve pay'd to have this done twice and withing a few months I was sucking coolant again, Its time to try myself.

Im going with the two piece lower intake gasket since there might be some warping and binding causing the coolant sucking in to the motor.

I just read the fel-pro instructions and they recommend filling any pits around the coolant ports with epoxy. They say DO NOT use rtv around the coolant ports. Comments on this?

I am just sceptical about installing the gaskets dry. Of course, who am I? Maybe using epoxy to fill the pits and being careful to make sure mating surfaces are perfectly smooth will do the trick.

Im not for sure about the other but I do know that the RTV around any gas will leak or fail

Done!
Purrs like a kitten. I only hope it lasts this time.
I took the lower intake off and had it resurfaced.
I installed the lower intake one night and torqued. Then re-checked the next morning. The bolts did require some tightening.

Since I had the injectors out, I figured I'd have them serviced. Then I found out it was $65.00/injector. No thanks. back in they went with out servicing.

Thanks so much for the help, and PDF. The exploder lives another day(Hopefully longer).

Back