2006 Mercury Mountaineer Running Board | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Running Board

dunny

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer. I have the model with the motorized running boards. My boards have seized and been this way for over a year. I found a good tutorial on here that shows how to possible revive them. My issue is that the bracket broke, got it jerry rigged with some wire for now. I am trying to see where I can go to purchase a new bracket only. The Dealership only sells the whole kit for $1400.. not interested in this.

The passenger side of my 07 is sticky, sometimes it works and sometimes is doesn't. Do you still have the link to the tutorial? I have the procedures to remove and replace but nothing on repair.

Your might want to try a wrecking yard to get a running board from a damaged vehicle. They will often install the part and warranty the part. The part is called a Power Running Board (PRB) by Ford.

Good luck.

Thank you very much, that is exactly the repair info that I need. I would have thought that link should be stickied or made into a tech article.

Back