2021 ST Line PHEV Driveline vibration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 ST Line PHEV Driveline vibration

EirikB

Reaction score
City, State
Norway
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST Line, PHEV
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a driveline vibration most noticeable at speeeds 53-63 kmh (33-39 mph) and a bit above 80 kmh ( 50 mph). It makes a drone sound that sounds like when a back window is open in highway speeds. The noise/vibration is present independent of drive mode and when in neutral. It seems to come somewhere from the center, below the center console.

I went to the dealer and they proposed changing the hanger bearing on the intermediate drive shaft, as this can cause NVH-issues.

After the change I now have an even stronger drone noise and vibrations at only the first speed range of 53- 63 kmh that I suspect is due to a tighter bearing capable of transferring stronger forces to the chassis.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue before and been able to get it resolved?

Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Are your tires the 21" Pirelli ones? They have sound-deadening material in them that could break loose. Have you had the tire balance checked?
A member in the following thread suggested putting the vehicle in neutral when it happens to see if the vibration is still present to try and isolate the issue. Driveline vibration ST

Peter

Back