2023 Explorer Timberline Tangerine Accents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2023 Explorer Timberline Tangerine Accents

TimberlineMike

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer Timberline
Hi! Does anyone know what the Tangerine Accent color is, or what a suitable redily available alternative would be?
I boughts ABS Explorer letters to go in the rocker panel and liftgate insets... and want to try and match the Timberline Orange.

Also was thinking about trying to paint the brake calibers as well... need to do more research on that.
Thanks in advance!
Michael

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know what the color code is but I like your idea. Post pics of your progress.

I ended up just putting red letters in the side skirts. Better than nothing and can't really see the orange accent to compare it to right away.

I would love to find some in that color along with an insert for the Timberline logo embossed on the front bumper.

From what I've been able to find, Ford actually calls it "Red Ember" but a search only leads me to a color called "Ember Red" which is described as a Red-orange. I'm not sure if it's close or the actual color. Maybe ask the parts department for the touch up paint for the tow hooks and it would get closer to the actual name. Details for Ember Red are below:

The hexadecimal color code #a75832 is a shade of red-orange. In the RGB color model #a75832 is comprised of 65.49% red, 34.51% green and 19.61% blue.

I ended up just putting red letters in the side skirts. Better than nothing and can't really see the orange accent to compare it to right away.

I would love to find some in that color along with an insert for the Timberline logo embossed on the front bumper.

From what I've been able to find, Ford actually calls it "Red Ember" but a search only leads me to a color called "Ember Red" which is described as a Red-orange. I'm not sure if it's close or the actual color. Maybe ask the parts department for the touch up paint for the tow hooks and it would get closer to the actual name. Details for Ember Red are below:

I'm sure it is a paint match at the body shop kind of thing. I doubt there is actually a paint code for it. looks similar to a Vitamin C or old Mopar color.

Check out this guy's Etsy page. I'm planning to order some hood graphics, since they are half the price of Ford's and honestly look better, and probably some tailgate lettering too. From the pictures I can see, he seems to have the color matched up right.

LUDesignsNY Timberline vinyl

And now that I'm typing it, I'll probably order them today, since I'm clearly not being productive at work :)

Lets us know how the vinyl turns out. I just received the red ABS letters for the rocker panel and lift gate insets today… so I best get busy figuring out the timberline tangerine orange color!

So strange… called ford parts and a ford collision center. They have no idea what color it is. There apparently is no paint record for this, because the replacement parts come pre-colored… so no record of the color. Looking closer, I’m not positive the number trim and hooks are the same color.

Probably going to go to an automotive paint place and see what they say.

I haven't been able to put them on yet, been raining or cold daily since they got delivered. But, I took some pictures this morning of the Tailgate Inlay against the badge and factory painted. Not 100% identical, but pretty damn close IMO

20230327_073621.jpg
20230327_073629.jpg
20230327_073603.jpg
I'm hoping to get them put on soon, I have a few "Work from home" days coming up, so I always find time to do projects.

I haven't been able to put them on yet, been raining or cold daily since they got delivered. But, I took some pictures this morning of the Tailgate Inlay against the badge and factory painted. Not 100% identical, but pretty damn close IMO

View attachment 440435 View attachment 440436 View attachment 440437 I'm hoping to get them put on soon, I have a few "Work from home" days coming up, so I always find time to do projects.
You say inlay, but are they just vinyl stickers, or are they plastic and rigid? I'd like to find some plastic letters to go in the side skirts in the orange color (I put red ones in there for now) and also I think an orange inlay on the timberline logo in the front bumper would be nice to find.

You say inlay, but are they just vinyl stickers, or are they plastic and rigid? I'd like to find some plastic letters to go in the side skirts in the orange color (I put red ones in there for now) and also I think an orange inlay on the timberline logo in the front bumper would be nice to find.
They are vinyl, but inlay has to do with the positioning not material. These would be inlay because they are going in the stamped letter on my tailgate, the vinyl is "laying in" the lettering. I would like to get the logo on the front bumper done too, I might see if the guy I got the rest from would do one.

As far as the plastic lettering, I haven't seen anything in the Timberline Orange yet, but in the last 3-4 months I've seen a massive influx of accessories that weren't around when I got mine last year. Hopefully someone will come up with it.

Finally got everything installed, the color looks awesome once it's there. Admittingly, I did put the hood graphics a little higher than I really should have, but it all still lines up really nicely.

20230328_161458.jpg
Inked20230328_161410.jpg

Have you thought about replacing the front and rear Ford oval emblems with the same colour. if it's available?

Peter

Nice work ,the orange is a nice contrast to the green.
Some orange Ford emblems, maybe with black script would look great, if you can get a close color match.

Have you thought about replacing the front and rear Ford oval emblems with the same colour. if it's available?

Peter
Guess my reply I sent from my phone never went through, promise I wasn't ignore you! I did for a second, but I really like the black emblems, that's something I changed on my old F150's, so I will be keeping them for a while. Like @JAMADOR said, if you could get a close color match it'd look good. I don't want to get into having so many oranges that are just different enough to mess up the overall look.

View attachment 440435 View attachment 440436 View attachment 440437 I'm hoping to get them put on soon, I have a few "Work from home" days coming up, so I always find time to do projects.
this looks great! What was the hex code you ended up using?

Yeah you should have had the hood decals on each raised long ridge or a larger center indenting one. The two piece is fine but doesn't look like it works very well with a split in the smaller indented area

this looks great! What was the hex code you ended up using?
Thanks! TBH, I'm not sure the Hex Code, I was going to post a link to the Ebay store where I got them, the guy just had it listed as "Timberline Orange", but all his messages/purchase history on my account seems to be gone. I'm not sure if he shut down his store or what's going on.... If I come across any info on it, I'll share

Yeah you should have had the hood decals on each raised long ridge or a larger center indenting one. The two piece is fine but doesn't look like it works very well with a split in the smaller indented area
It works, and would have worked better if the jackbag who installed it wouldn't have put it so high. It needed to be about 2-3 inches closer to the front of the hood, and that would have helped the overall look cleaner. I did it and had every intention of getting a new one and fixing it, but just have ended up living with it, haha....

I bought my tailgate and front bumper emblem from tufskinz.com and was awesome. Very expensive but excellent quality !!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought my tailgate and front bumper emblem from tufskinz.com and was awesome. Very expensive but excellent quality !!!
They are raised letter hard plastic not stickers

IMG_5489.jpeg

IMG_5488.jpeg

Back