33x12.5 with AR Mojave Teflon Rims | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33x12.5 with AR Mojave Teflon Rims

I am currently running Goodyear Wrangler MT 265/75R16 (31.9x10.5) on my stock 16" rims. I have about a 1-2" TT suspension lift and a 3" body lift.

I need new tires, so I'd like to upgrade to the same tires in 33x12.50. I'm interested in the American Racing Mojave with Teflon (Series 3981) in a 15x8, -19mm (-0.75") offset, 3.75" backside, and 5 on 4.5 bolt circle.

First, what is the offset/backspacing and width of the stock 16" rims? I took some measurements and I found a +0.5" offset/4.25" backspacing and a 7.5" EDGE to EDGE width, so I'm guessing that equals either a 6.5" or 7.0" rim width.

I'm also concerned with the durability of the wheel's Teflon coating. Does this scratch easily?

Right now, the inside of my current tires barely rub the sway bar in full steer. I figure with the new rims, the center of the tire will be moved 1.25" farther from the frame but the tire will be 1" wider on the inside, so clearance should be good.

Most importantly, I am shopping around for the best prices (and there are amazing differences in prices!) I preferably want to get the tires and wheels shipped as a package, professionally mounted and balanced (with internal weights not clip-ons). I can't find an online store that offers the two specifics together as a package though. So far, the best prices I found are $688 (4 tires, free shipping) from tires.com/discounttiredirect.com and $196/each rims from 4wheelparts.com.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Mojave (Series 3981) small.JPG
    Mojave (Series 3981) small.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,590

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$200/ea for teflon coated wheels that run $50/ea without the coating?

I can't see that being worth it.

me neither...they look cool but personally i wouldnt bother spending so much on em. if you dont like the look of the silver or black rims you could get them powedercoated, would cost less. but hey, teflon, you can cook stuff on em and it wont stick :p

whats teflon gonna do unless you're goinna cooik on it?

IAmTodd said:
whats teflon gonna do unless you're goinna cooik on it?
I'm guessing it will help keep the rim clean by preventing brake dust and stuff from sticking to it.

Usually before I go out, I spray my wheels down with PAM. works great ;)

-Drew

Robb said:
$200/ea for teflon coated wheels that run $50/ea without the coating?

I can't see that being worth it.

I have to agree with robb...

As far as durability...my wife yells at me when i use a metal spoon to dip rice out of our teflon coated pan....if a spoon can do damage i wonder what a rock could do lol (yeah i know the wheels are probably abit different than a pan). I don't really understand putting much money into a wheel that's going to be used offroad...it will see abuse and damage. If i had to buy new wheels i'd get just run some cheap steelies :)

man if you got the cash get them bad boys ! that would be sweet ! i seen a all black F-250 SD sit'n on some of them here in town , and i must say it gave me American Racing Mojave with Teflon envy !!

Back