4th Annual Clean-Dezert Barstow Clean-up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Annual Clean-Dezert Barstow Clean-up

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
This might be a little too late for some people to arrange to attend, but better late than never i suppose. I thought i'd post this up here and hopefully get a few more people to attend. I'm not in charge of this event at all, i'm simply copying the information over here for people to see. To view the original thread, go here: http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/general-off-road-talk/120658.htm

Clean-Dezert is proud to announce its 4th annual Barstow Clean-up is scheduled for Nov.13th 2010. We are very excited for the event this year, as we have had great response every year since we started. We have some new ideas that will make this event even better and bigger then years past. As always lunch will be provided for all participants, event shirts, and hands down one of the biggest raffles you will ever see in the desert. Ever year we get great reviews with just how much fun everyone has and that its not hard work, rather a great time doing a great deed with a great reward (free stuff). If you havent had the oppurtunity to take part in a desert clean-up now is your time.

Schedule of events will be as follows.

Clean-up 9:00-12:00
Lunch 12:00-2:00
Raffle 2:00-3:00

We are still planning and getting everything organized for the event, so if you or your company is interested in sponsoring the event or helping out please let us know. We are also looking for help and contacts that may help with one of the bigger problems that plague us each year, Tires... Last year we disposed of roughly 300 tires from big to small, by loading them on trailers and hauling them to local tire shops. This year we are trying to find a way to dispose of them on site. So if you know of any companys or would like to help donate to the tire disposal that would be great. So far we have been quoted in excess of $1800 to dispose of the tires.

And ofcourse we cannot put on the event without such companies as
RICHER RACING
DMZ FABRICATION
PCI Race Radios
BLACK KNIGHT LIGHTING
OFFROAD EXPO
OFFROAD MAGAZINE
DEZERT RANGERS.COM
RACE-DEZERT.COM
AEM
POLY PERFORMANCE
RADFLO SHOCKS
KING SHOCKS
FOX RACING SHOCKS
IRONCLAD GLOVES
WEST COAST JEWERLY
BTF FABRICATION
and many many more. We will keep you updated of raffle prizes and sponsors as we hear more.
Dont forget to check out www.clean-dezert.org for updates and also to pick up your new shirts and stickers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went last year and had a great time. It's pretty cool that this event has made picking up trash a fun thing to do. It's become almost like a competition/race to see who can find the most trash. And the clean-up only last a few hours, and then the rest of the time is open for you to have as much fun as you want. Last year there was a "jump tour" that took place on Saturday afternoon/evening at a few spots around the area, and there is another one in the works. It's a great event to attend for a great cause, i recommend it for anyone to come out and see the offroad community work for the good of the sport, and to see a lot of cool trucks built to do things that most people on this forum are unfamiliar with in terms of offroading. I'll be there for sure.

Come on people, you can't complain about public land closures if you're not going to put in the effort to keep the land open! Sorry i gotta lay on the guilt so thick.

Bump, less than 2 weeks! There will be people coming from all over CA, NV, AZ, and maybe further. Don't miss out.

6 days to go and not even a response from anyone on here. That's disappointing.

Heading out tomorrow! Everyone's missing out on the best weekend of the year, and a chance to do something helpful for our hobby.

Back