• Register Today It's free!

BCM and PCM repair

datadawg70

Reaction score
City, State
Dover, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I need to get the BCM and PCM repaired for my wife's 2011 limited. Any recommendations on who to contact? I submitted for a quote from Module Experts and a guy named Adam replied quoting me a price on the BCM. When I replied back about that and a price on the PCM he got rude and hasn't responded back to my reply in which I ignored his rude comments and stated that I wanted to move forward with the repair. Because of that I'm looking for someone else to do the work. The car has been down since before Christmas and I need to get it back and running so she stops driving my Bronco Sport

What makes you believe that both the BCM and PCM need repaired? I would get a 2nd opinion. These are often modules a shop will tell you are bad, if they simply can't properly diagnose the issue. I'm not suggesting that either aren't bad but it would be pretty coincidental for both to fail at once.

What makes you believe that both the BCM and PCM need repaired? I would get a 2nd opinion. These are often modules a shop will tell you are bad, if they simply can't properly diagnose the issue. I'm not suggesting that either aren't bad but it would be pretty coincidental for both to fail at once.
Two seperate issues. Both front turn signals stopped working about a month apart, as well as lost power to the 2nd and 3rd row seats and most ceiling lights don't work. These are all controlled by the BCM. Yes I did check the turn signal bulbs and they are good. Tested for voltage and found none.

As for the PCM, I changed the coils with new Motorcraft coils, at least with what appears to be motorcraft, and everything ran great for a day or two the. A coil shorted out and fried the driver in the PCM.

I figured I'd get both of them repaired at the same time to save time.and hassle

Back