Best Option for Slightly Sagging Rear??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Option for Slightly Sagging Rear???

rpr

Reaction score
City, State
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited
I primarily want to address the body roll on my Explorer, but I need to also consider that the rear of my truck sags a bit. The leaf springs don't look great, they are pretty flat and are actually separated from each other (while supporting the truck), and they also are warped in the clamped areas.

Tightening up the torsion bars in the front is on my to-do list, but this will also make the rear even lower in relation to the front.

So what are my best options for the rear? I would think a shackle kit would be the worst choice as my existing leaf springs don't look great. Is an add-a-leaf sufficient for leaf springs showing the type of wear I mentioned?

I just received a quote from a local spring shop that has a good rep. He quoted me $250-$275 to re-arch my springs (using a furnace, not a press) and to add an additional leaf as well. I really didn't want to spend this much but how does this quote sound???

Sounds like an add-a-leaf would be good and shackles if you are also doing a TT.

Back