Biggest radiator to fit into 97 ranger ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Biggest radiator to fit into 97 ranger ??

factory310

Reaction score
City, State
los angeles ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer
Explorer to ranger radiator swap ??

Anyone know if i can fit a Explorer radiator into a 97 ford ranger extended cab 4.0. I know i have 24 inches between the framrails to fit a radiator and i was wondering if i can fit the bigger explorer radiator into it. I basically bought an explorer/mountaineer 5.o radiator and the core was 21 inches and the outside of the plastic tanks were 24 1/2 inches across wich just bearly missed fitting between my framerails. Anyone know of a radiator thats less than 24 1/2 inches from outside tank to outside tank on the bottom side where it fits between fraimrails. The stock ranger radiator is I believe a 17 inch core. I always thought that the radiator frame and explorer frame were just about the same with apart. Well any help would be greatly appreciated.

Giovanni

Anyone know if i can fit a Explorer radiator into a 97 ford ranger extended cab 4.0. I know i have 24 inches between the framrails to fit a radiator and i was wondering if i can fit the bigger explorer radiator into it. I basically bought an explorer/mountaineer 5.o radiator and the core was 21 inches and the outside of the plastic tanks were 24 1/2 inches across wich just bearly missed fitting between my framerails. Anyone know of a radiator thats less than 24 1/2 inches from outside tank to outside tank on the bottom side where it fits between fraimrails. The stock ranger radiator is I believe a 17 inch core. I always thought that the radiator frame and explorer frame were just about the same with apart. Well any help would be greatly appreciated.

Giovanni

Back