• Register Today It's free!

Black radio screen

Emad

Reaction score
City, State
Lubbock
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014, Explorer
I got my 14 ford explorer's battery replaced at the dealer. When I picked up the car I found out the radio screen black not working!
Although the radio working fine.
I went back to the dealer. They said battery installation han nothing to do with this problem!

Please I need your inputs about this problem
What do you think is going on with the screen?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It could be a coincidence that the APIM failed at the time of battery replacement. Do your other functions work? Heat, A/C, fan speed etc.?
I sent a PM about added the 'trim' level of your Explorer as that could help us find out which radio setup you have. Do you have the 8" screen and Sony radio panel?
Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes then reconnect and see if the screen is still blank.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It could be a coincidence that the APIM failed at the time of battery replacement. Do your other functions work? Heat, A/C, fan speed etc.?
I sent a PM about added the 'trim' level of your Explorer as that could help us find out which radio setup you have. Do you have the 8" screen and Sony radio panel?
Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes then reconnect and see if the screen is still blank.

Peter

Thank you for your reply. My ford trim level I think it is Base. I could not find it in the title. My car's display screen is 4 inches. I got my car back to the dealership and they said battery replacement has nothing to do with display screen. As all other functions including radio and AC are working and fuse box is fine. Dealership technician said it a Module failure!
I did battery replacement and detailed car wash. I am not sure it one of these cause the problem.

Sounds like it is time for a new replacement display. You can buy a used one and have it programmed for your vehicle or buy a new one.

Back