digital cameras and different software; what do you use? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

digital cameras and different software; what do you use?

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
i just formatted my hdd and reinstalled windows, but i dont like the software from my camera or my scanner (kodak crap or mgi photosuite), so im thinking of trying something else. i have a copy of photoshop 6, but before i install it, does anyone know if i can retrieve pics directly off my camera with it? (i would assume i can, since 99% of photo programs will work with almost any hardware, but i just wanted to ask first.)

also, what do you guys use for software with your digital cameras & scanners?

thanks.

Yeah you can use Photoshop 6 with your camera and scanner. Most cameras and all scanners come with TWAIN drivers so when you install the digital camera software it'll install the TWAIN drivers. So since it sounds like you have two TWAIN sources, to go to File>Import>Select TWAIN 32 device, then after you've selected what device you want to use, go back and go to File>Import>TWAIN 32 and that'll do it.

yeah, i was aware of that, but i didnt want to install the software with the camera or scanner at all; i thought i read somewhere that photoshop has a couple of twain drivers built or something?..oh well. i broke down last night and just installed the supplied software anyway.

Back