Finally Looking to Part Ways w/ My Eddie Bauer… | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally Looking to Part Ways w/ My Eddie Bauer…

tannermasters216

Reaction score
City, State
Independence, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer E.B.
Does anyone know the best way to go about selling my 2000 Explorer? It’s a 5.0L V8 Eddie Bauer edition. I have taken good care of it but now I have a long commute and I just need something more practical. I still use it as a daily commuter but there is some minor body damage and the interior condition is less than optimal. Some minor mechanical issues need to be addressed but they are simple and cheap repairs. I just don’t have the time anymore. I want to sell it to someone who is going to use and hopefully restore it to a better condition than I currently have it in. I don’t want it to go to a scrap yard. What’s the best way to go about finding an interested buyer who plans to keep it and make it their own?

Does anyone know the best way to go about selling my 2000 Explorer? It’s a 5.0L V8 Eddie Bauer edition. I have taken good care of it but now I have a long commute and I just need something more practical. I still use it as a daily commuter but there is some minor body damage and the interior condition is less than optimal. Some minor mechanical issues need to be addressed but they are simple and cheap repairs. I just don’t have the time anymore. I want to sell it to someone who is going to use and hopefully restore it to a better condition than I currently have it in. I don’t want it to go to a scrap yard. What’s the best way to go about finding an interested buyer who plans to keep it and make it their own?
EF has a FSTW section that will reach the explorer enthusiasts, but if its not a super desirable rig (ie modded etc) tbh it may not be the best option, since there just isnt a wide enough range of people seeing it. CL is always an option, but not to find an enthusiastic buyer. the local paper is good in that way, since if they read the paper, theres a good chance theyre more interested. some colleges (ie. here its college of the canyons) may have auto sell fairs.

the issue is that if its not an attention grabber, it's hard to find the right buyer. if you put it out on places liek CL or FB, you may get a good buyer, but its hard to find the needle in the haystack.

Craigslist or Facebook
The people will come
How many miles on the rig? Many people are after these so they can get your 5.0 drivetrain and put it into something else like a ranger or early bronco
Prices are way up so it maybe worth more then you think

Back