Front Axle swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Axle swap

Cevigney

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 exploder
I am looking for a front axle that will allow me to fit 35-38's with only a 2-3" suspension lift. Also gearing Ideas to, I am obviously new to this. as of right now my exploder is bone stock except the 427 in it. I do plan on using Hydraulic assist steering.

um unless your moving your motor up half a foot then ur not going to fit a straight axle under there without 5"+ lift(might be able to get away with lower but youd have no uptravel) and id use a dana 60 for that size tire. a d44 could work but when you upgrade it and then youd have the strength of a d60 but it will cost the same as a 60 would

Search the site a little more. There is lots of great info regarding solid axle swaps (SAS) here. All of your questions have probably already been answered. With money, time and/or fab skills, anything is possible.

I'm using a stock width Wagoneer front axle and it will clear the engine crossmember and the pumpkin position is same as the stock Dana35. If you use any track bar, you will have to clearance the crossmember though.

Back