H3 HID kit in 2000 factory fogs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

H3 HID kit in 2000 factory fogs

I currently have some aftermarket Sylvania HID driving lights where my factory fog lights were. I was thinking about switching back to my factory housings to get more of a "fog" pattern. Does anyone know if a H3 HID bulb will fit(lengthwise) in the stock housing. I would test with mine, but they are at my parents house. The only problem I see with the stock housings I see are eBay is the reflector. The HID bulb is longer that the stock bulb and I am not sure if the bulb will go in far enough to hold on. So I am wanting someone to measure how deep a bulb can go into the housing.

Attachments

• h3HID2.JPG
    h3HID2.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 225

you have stock h3 bulbs for fogs?

I have stock h1 bulbs for fogs and the reflector for it is so tight I doubt anything longer than stock will fit. If you have a reflector, I would open up your housing and take the reflector out if your trying to fit that bulb in

Yeah, you are right. This stupid guide I was looking at has it listed as H3. That is great because my Sylvania lights have H1 bulbs... I wont have to buy new bulbs after all.:) So I guess it will be more like this picture...

Attachments

• hid2.jpg
    hid2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 212

I am thinking about just drilling the end off of the reflector. THis way I dont have to take the light housings apart and it will give the needed room for the HID bulbs.

Back