hey guys i wanna run biggest i can | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hey guys i wanna run biggest i can

duggyd123

Reaction score
City, State
delphi in
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt, 97 eddie bauer,79
i would like to run 33x12.50x15 on 15x8 rim i am doing the usual tt and shackles as well as 3 in body lift what tires should i run brand and such

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well that depends on what you want to do. There are street tires, which from the lifting that you are doing I wouldn't suspect you would want, then there are all-terrains, which is what I will be getting, and then you have mud terrains. As for how big you can go, I have no idea how to figure what the widest is possible... wish I did though, but your 33/12.5s should fit fine, don't know anything about your car, but check here:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67200&highlight=max+lift+tire+size

woops sorry bout that i want to use i primarilary as a trail rig occational mud and still be able to drive it on street so thus i will be looking for allterrains in a size like the one posted or little smaller maybe. my vehicle is stock for now but i am going to be doing body lift and tt and shackles in next month as well as cold air intake and dual exhaust.

im gonna be buying rim and tires together. so let me know what brands are good and where tog et them

Most run the BFG T/A KO for an all terrain tire.

As far as wheels go, you have to research them, and shop till you find whats right for you.

Stay between 3.5" & 4" of Backspace on the wheels for rubbing issues. 5x4.5 lug pattern.

Steel are very strong and the bead edge can bend on impact, allowing you to bend them back into shape. Pro-strength. Con-kinda fugly, very heavy.

Alum have more style and choice of appearance, but can crack on impact and are rendered useless. Pro- style, light weight. Con-fragile

Tip: Purchase the center caps at the same time as wheels. Pay attention to wheel suppliers type of lug nuts. The EX takes 1/2x20 lug nuts.

Back