I highly recommend Valvoline Max Life!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I highly recommend Valvoline Max Life!!

PLRBEAR

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 EB 4x4
Buddy of mine decided to change his oil. After trying out different brands, he felt that the Mobil 1 was causing his 204,000kms Honda to be noisy and burn oil (blackened exhaust tip). We decided to try out the new Valvoline Max Life on his car. All i can say is,"WHAT A DIFFERENCE!".
His car immediately became helluva quiet and WAY smoother. We're talking about a shift from Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W30 to Valvoline Max Life 5W30 dyno oil!!
If any of you are looking for an oil that makes a difference, try an oil change with it and i think you'll be just as amazed as me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this the stuff that's formulated for high-mileage engines? My mechanic recommended that I try it at my next oil change because I am getting some dripping from the rear main seal. He said it is supposed to help recondition old seals.

peace

Mike

his honda burned synthetic oil? i thought only regular oil was burned in engines? my daytona used to burn regular oil, but when i switched to synthetic, it stopped.

Where can you get this stuff???

i know wal-mart has it.
i'm sure a lot of places have it.
it's in a red container.

yes, dino oil stops leaking seals.... but not b/c it is better than syntheitc...... dyno is thicker and is probably just not allowing the honda to make as much noise....

I started using this stuff about 2 oil changes ago and noticed a big difference in MPG. I used to be able to only go about 200 miles to 3/4 of a tank. Now I can get up to 300 to 3/4 of a tank, honestly. I think it is great, and it really seems like I don't go to the gas station as much as I used to.

Back