• Register Today It's free!

Intake Air Temperature Sensor

Clowdyminds

Reaction score
City, State
Snohomish wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010, explorer sport trac
I just want to know if anyone has any idea where the Intake Air Temperature Sensor is located on at, 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.6L V8.

I have done my search and have exhausted all my resources.

Some say, it is a combo with the Mass Airflow Sensor but it is not I have checked it. Others say it could be on the intake boot, there are 2 hoses connected to the boot. But, I can’t take off the piece the hoses are connected to.

I don’t want to yank on those connected hard because I don’t want to have to replace the boot.

If anyone knows where I could find the sensor diagram or the actual piece location, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!

It's not going to be connected by a hose, would be in intake snorkel or maybe intake itself if separate from MAF. At the risk of second guessing what you wrote, what is the evidence that it isn't integrated into your MAF sensor? AFAIK, this can be determined based on the # of contacts on it? If it has 6, then should be integrated into it. If it has 4, it is not.

So I was wrong, it does have 6 contact points. Which means the IAT is connected to the MAF.

Sorry, it has been tressing me out that I can’t even think straight.

There is a brand new MAF from ford on the truck. If it does continue to idle funky, what would be the next best option from here?
Welcome to the forum!

It's not going to be connected by a hose, would be in intake snorkel or maybe intake itself if separate from MAF. At the risk of second guessing what you wrote, what is the evidence that it isn't integrated into your MAF sensor? AFAIK, this can be determined based on the # of contacts on it? If it has 6, then should be integrated into it. If it has 4, it is not.

Back