Just bought an Explorer Sport in NJ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just bought an Explorer Sport in NJ

DOPitz

Reaction score
City, State
Ledgewood, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Hey Guys, Moved up to NW NJ from Tampa FL so I had to replace my mustang with a more suitable vehicle for the terrain and weather. I drove an explorer a few years ago when my car was in the body shop and I loved it until I realized it was FWD and there was no option for a V8. At that point it wasn't an option for me. Years later now that I need to move into a FWD/AWD/4x4 I took another look at it. It is a good looking vehicle and I like the interior. I eliminated the GM products based on the fact they didn't have any thing I liked with the exception of the Tahoe line which is nice just too big and pricey. I was looking for something with power as I was moving from a mustang just needed something bigger (but not too big) with FWD/AWD/4x4. After months of research I narrowed it down to three vehicle choices (Explorer Sport, Durango R/T and Grand Cherokee w/V8 and found the best value in a certified used 2014 Explorer Sport with every option except the auto parallel parking feature. Seems to have everything else. So far I love it. But a little worried about the comment about the reliability of the explorer that I have read on this forum. I knew that it wasn't the best according to J.D. Power but the reasons they gave for others a head of the Explorer didn't concern me as they were issues regarding third row leg room and issues like that. The fact was the better vehicles weren't aesthetically appealing to me and I have NO plans of an adult climbing into the third row of my vehicle. Anyway just curious what to plan for. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Back