• Register Today It's free!

lift kits

jkp89

Reaction score
City, State
lakeside arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 explorer eddie bower
hey iv got a 1991 ford explorer with a 3in body lift i wana fit 33in tires and know i cant do it with just the 3in body lift so iv been looking at littler lift kits and iv found a 1.5in lift kit from skyjacker for about 150 dollars and iv heard of a james duff 2.5in lift kit havent found a price for this one i was just wondering witch lift u would sugjest for fitting 33in tires on my explorer or if u think i should just put about 31in tires or would 32in tires fit with just a 3 in body lift and if u think i should get a suspension lift which one and should i try to instal it myself or have a shop do it about how much would be a good price to have a shop instal this lift kit for me thx for all the help and the best of weeling to u

josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes they will rub. Just get the Sky Jacker 2" kit and you should be set. Or just trim the fenders.

k thx for the help. do you think i can instal the lift kit here at hme or do u need a shop to do this, and if u need a shop how much would a shop charge

33's will rub with a 2.5" lift also. You should combine lifts, or buy a Skyjacker/Superlift 5.5".

Just throw on the skyjacker 2". Believe me, with what you have, this is the simplest and cheapest option. It can be done in a few hours at home with common tools and a jack/jackstands.

Right. He already has a 3" BL. With the 2" skyjacker, he'll have 5" of lift, which is plenty to clear 33's.

Ahah! I thought he was asking aboot a 3" lift. Gotcha.

Yea you will have plenty of room with the 2" SkyJacker and the 3" BL. Good luck man.

You can trim carefully and not see what you have cut to fit 33's with the 3

Back