Lift Kits | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift Kits

W

Wes

I have a 91' Explorer, and I am interested in putting a lift on it, the problem is, I don't have a lot of money. Does anyone know of any type of lift that I can purchase for less than $300 dollars that isn't a body lift and will perform of road? I am also interested in a spring over-axle lift if anyone knows where to find one.

The least expensive suspension lift I've seen is a Tuff Country. They advertise in most of the 4x4 mags. I don't think they have a spring over.

Hey slick, i am doing a 6-7" lift on my 91 xlt now which will utilize a spring over rear, i am getting the superlift ttb drop brackets and 3" drop pitman arm from rocky mountain offroad for $180 and custom soft coils from national spring for $235 , the total cost for my radius arm extensions and new cross member shouldn't exceed $120 so it's a little more than $300 but it will net 6-6.5 " of lift (i have a custom 1" bodylift made of high density polyethylene) for a total of 7-7.5" all around, the 1/2" variant is for leveling the front. call it $550 plus $20 tops to have the new spring perches welded to the rear. They cost $15 from fasttimes, made by moroso! anyway hope this helps, and you can throw in $50 to get the ranger main leaf for extra droop travel, but hey then you need shocks, look out its a cash avalanche!!!!!!!

Kyle Klicker
Downeast Offroad

Back