Lift questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift questions

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 sport 4x4
I Plan on lifting my explorer on a tight budget i just wanna fit 33's nicely i was gonna buy a 3'' body lift and fab up some Rear Shackles as well as coil spacers any other suggestions on a inexpensive lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

also i drive a 2 door and have a 4 door parts truck would those coils and leafs be effective in getting my 2 door to stand taller?

That's all you'll need to fit 33s. I would regear it as well, though.

The 4 door leaf springs will lift it a little, but I'm not 100% on how much. Try searching around this site as others have done it.

wonder if shackles, AALs, spacers, and 2" coils would be enough to clear 33s cause if so i have a free set. hmm. also on a side note, Froader, i heard you had an awesome spare tire carrier.. did i hear correctly?

wonder if shackles, AALs, spacers, and 2" coils would be enough to clear 33s cause if so i have a free set. hmm.

You can't use spacers and coils. 2 inches is the max without getting drop bracket (lift kit) for the front.

For 33s to fit, 4 inches of lift would be best. The cheapest way would be spacers/coil seats and a body lift.

also on a side note, Froader, i heard you had an awesome spare tire carrier.. did i hear correctly?
Click "My Registry" in my signature to see my truck.

cant fit 1.5 spacers and 1.5 leveling coils without radius arm drop brackets? that sucks. that ruined my entire next couple months. lol i was gonna use my income tax check to buy a subaru impreza to drive to work and back, now i might have to buy drop brackets.

on my 4 door a 3" bl was fine.... I had very little rub

eh im trying to stay away from a body lift.. really dont like them at all. i guess i wont go as big as i wanted, i think the truck will look stout with shackles, AAL, front coils and some 31s or 32s. or i might opt out for shackles and 4 door leafs and then just coils in the front. i dont know.. its still too cold on clear days, and when its warm is raining non stop. stupid WV weather.

wonder if its even worth buying front leveling coils when i can get the same height out of spacers? although extended coils would be more solid than coils and a spacer. any ideas?

Back