Lil Bo Peeps 2002 Sport trac.-Goldie (finally a registry) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lil Bo Peeps 2002 Sport trac.-Goldie (finally a registry)

Never had an Elite Explorer registry and I'm on my 4th Expo but I'll try.

I've always loved the Explorer. Had a 92, 94 and 96 with the 5.0 which was sweet, but needing a change I left the site for a while in favor of a Chevy Blazer and then a Volvo v70. Highest maintenance vehicles I've ever owned! So anyhow, After being gone from this site for a few years and a couple different cars, I needed something different. I had a house and a child and I needed something that could haul my trash, trees, gardening equipment around and something that could haul my Little girl(I call my girl Lil Bo peep Hence my user name, but I used to go by Joey P.)to and fro to the park, day-care or whatever.

Enter the Sport Trac.:thumbsup:

2002 Sport trac--Goldie
4.0 SOHC with automatic trans
110,000 miles and counting

Nothing too special but she does sport:
3" PA body lift
285-75x16 Cooper Discoverer STT tires.
Rancho RSX shocks
Front windows 20% tint
Painted the gray plastic cladding black
and added a K/N panel filter

She also sports the infamous 2-3 shift flare and the 2500-3000 rpm timing chain rattle. :rolleyes: But I love this vehicle called the explorer! And this site! :notworthy

Need to update my pics but this'll get you started.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 3,760
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,580
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 1,183

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rip.....

Attachments

• CIMG2337.jpg
    CIMG2337.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 597
  • CIMG2336.jpg
    CIMG2336.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 585
  • CIMG2339.jpg
    CIMG2339.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 579
  • 0113011516.jpg
    0113011516.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 607

That sucks....I figured they would total it. Sorry for your loss, but luckily you made it out of the wreck.

Yeah, that's a really bad place to take a hit. Glad there were no injuries. You looking for another Trac?

I would love to find another sport trac, but I am not going back into payments at this time and I have limited funds to be able to do that. I'm looking at a 1999 EB explorer with the 5.0. I had one before like that and it's such a better drivetrain than the 4.0 sohc and 5r55e goes. I wasn't that impressed with either the 4.0 or the 5r55e but I am going to miss the verstility my trac had to offer.

sorry bout ur sport trac

Ouch! Hate to see that. Glad you are staying in the Explorer family though!

Yep, picked it up tonight. 99 Eddie Bauer. It's loaded! Love it so far. We'll see what it looks like in the morning. I test drove it and bought in the dark. Runs great. He had a stack about an inch think of maintenance records. He followed and crossed every line in the maintenance manual! It feels like a new truck. Best of all, no payments! Paid cash for it. I'm pretty excited. I'll post some pics in a new thread later this week!

Congratulations on the buy, sounds like a nice truck.

Congrats, Joey- looking forward to some pics of the new ride :thumbsup:

Back