MFT 3.5.1 Bluetooth Streaming Bug | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT 3.5.1 Bluetooth Streaming Bug

bigzaj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I am posting this here because I know Ford has a presence on this forum. I tried calling MFT support and they had "no method" for me submitting a bug other than going to a Ford dealer and having my SYNC hardware system replaced (or the bluetooth portion).

I drive a 2013 F150 with MFT 3.5.1 and my wife a 2011 Explorer with 3.5.1

Now that we are both updated I've noticed (in both cars) that when streaming audio over bluetooth MFT will randomly skip to the next track after 15-45 seconds. Granted I have only been able to test this with iOS devices but it happened in both our vehicles with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad and iPad mini running iOS 5, 6 and 6.1. I tried reseting the iPad and reinstalling iOS. I've tried a master reset of the MFT system (thanks Sync support) and the issue persists.

This happens mainly in Spotify and MOG, but sometimes in Pandora and the iPod app.

It never happens in any app when stand alone or connected via USB, this is ONLY when connecting to BlueTooth and ONLY with 3.5.1 MFT.

This does not happen in a 2009 F150 with Sync, a 2012 Expedition with Sync, a 2012 F350 with Sync or my wife's explorer with MFT prior to the 3.5.1 update.

I've posted a video: I'm sorry for the music, just clicked a spotify station

So this should probably be moved to the Technology, MFT thread. Sorry.

Great songs haha :)

Back