New Member - Long time Ford Owner

eba81462

Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra,Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Limite
Hello,

My name is Eric and I'm a new member. I purchased a 2017 Explorer gen3 recently. I also have a 2018 F-150 Lariat. I recently became a ford Pass member. I really like the app. The only issue I have is that my 2017 Explorer does not have connectivity with Ford Pass. Called CS with Ford Pass and was told I did not have a modem installed in my vehicle that would allow me to have connectivity to the app. Seems like Ford installed modems in the last part of 2017 on Explorers.

So my question is can I have a modem installed in my Explorer and is this something I can do without having it done at the dealership?

2017 Explorer.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.

I would think it would be possible. Downside, you would have to upload software to the vehicle. Without the proper tool it could be costly.

Welcome to the site.

I would think it would be possible. Downside, you would have to upload software to the vehicle. Without the proper tool it could be costly.
I saw a video on installing the FordPass modem and based on the instructions, the modem was plug n Play as far as the installation part. The configuration of the modem is captured on the FordPass app on your mobile device.

Welcome from southwestern Virginia.

Back