New Paint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Paint

well when i bought my X it was repainted a few years back...all i can say is that i think a 4 year old could have painted better...there is overspray up the ass all on the hood...on the windows...and basically all over truck...did a horrible job taping off around windows and handles...i waxed the truck a good 4 times and the hood alone 6...run your hand over it all you feel is overspray...the paint itself is very thin...scrtaches easy...so my buddy is in auto body and he will repaint whole thing for $400...which aint bad...i have to help prep but thats nothing...im going to paint all of the beige on the truck white and shave the roof racks and rear wiper...anything else you think i should shave??...input would be great

while you are at it.... shave the rear door handles and the emblems and the mid door rubber strips and the regular door handles.....

well i am shaving the moldings...i was thinking about shaving the handles...but i dont have money for a door popper kit...at least for a good one...i think since handles are painted white they look a lot better and dont stick out like a sore thumb...i think ill shave the rear emblems and maybe do somthing custom..like put explorer above the rear handle or somthing...i am undecided...idea's keep'em commin

If you have power locks, shave the passenger side lock cylender.
JUST the passneger. Kinda tough to open the door if the battery dies with no lock cylenders. ;)

Back