• Register Today It's free!

new seats?

gsx220

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V8
hey all id like to replace the seats in my 95 xlt the cloth ones in it are just not comfy to me they probably lost some of the foam over the years they are the high back ones with no head rests how much do you guys thing seats would run

There was a shop near me that re-did the seats with that space age jump in the bed with wine foam thing that they use in Nasa (I think you know what I'm talking about) maybe you can try the same if the covers are good...

GSX- you can buy that memory foam stuff at WalMart or Meijers or pretty much any discount store. I put some in my seats, and to be honest, they were good, but I ended up taking out about 1/2 of it, and stuffing some white batting (the stuff they put inside pillows and quilts- sold in bags in the fabric section at WalMart) to give more padding.

If you pull your seats out and separate the top from the bottom (2 bolts) you can do them yourself- the materials will be about $20 for the memory foam. (by the pillows/comforters) the batting is like $3.00 /bag. I was so happy with it, I bought about 6 more bags and restuffed all of my couch cushions. :)

This is a pic of the bottom of the seat from the first set I stuffed...

joesseats005.jpg

I have some pictures if you're interested in the process... PM me...

Back