• Register Today It's free!

Newbie in oregon, 93 explore XLT 4x4 *need info*

93liftedXLT

City, State
left coast
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
i have a 94 xlt 4x4 with manual hubs,(stock everything) I recently found a 93 explore (automatic tranny)4x4 with push button 4 wheel drive, that i might pick up for a good deal this comming week, i want to add some tires and a lift, but as i use the search button and read threw 34 pages of stuff, did see much on 93 EX,

i pretty much am new to the whole lifting thing, and ive i get this truck i want to lift it from 2''-5''- and 31's or 33's , but i need to know the pro's and con's of this year and style truck, another member told me 1 GEN explores have TTB? and not TT, whats the difforence? i was thinking tt shackles and1.75 inch on the front torsion bars, but he said the 93's dont have torsions,

i with there was a spot on this forum were owners of 93 explores could chat about related issues and there trucks, like engine mod's, lifting,tire's,and stock set-up's.

Can anyone help me out with some info, or anyone from oregon?

id appreciate it greatly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the forum 93

Sams01XplrSprt said:
welcome to the forum 93

hey thanks,, anyone else? i pretty much need to find these things out in the next 3 days

i thought i answered everything for you already ;)

jimabena74 said:
i thought i answered everything for you already ;)
you did, i just wanted other views :thumbsup:

TrailMaster 4" lift with 33s. Lift includes front drop brackets, coils and leaf springs. Comfortable ride and capable off-raoder. 33s fit fine before the glass fenders were put on.

1600colinexplorer.jpg

Fenderguy said:
TrailMaster 4" lift with 33s. Lift includes front drop brackets, coils and leaf springs. Comfortable ride and capable off-raoder. 33s fit fine before the glass fenders were put on.

1600colinexplorer.jpg

Very sweet looking truck,does the kit come with everything needed for the conversion?

sweet, can you gimme a link were i can look at price's?

and do you know the stock psi on 93 xlt 4x4 automatic, i am looking at one and wanna do a compression test, the stock is 9:1;1 but i dont know how much psi is stock...?

Hey thanks fender guy, yeah i have been spending all my free time on this website untill my eyes start to water, lookin up stuff on the search button, i am getting all exitied about buyin this other 93 X , i am gonna get a compression test and leak down tomarrow, and if its good ill buy it, just need to get me a 40 series flowmaster.

Welcome....the mod bug has bitten you I see....

Crankcase said:
Welcome....the mod bug has bitten you I see....

pretty much, lol i am just search for audio clips of a flowmaster 40 on a 4.0 v6

i have the flowmaster big block dual in dual out and its a throatier deeper tone than the 40 but its a whole lot louder than it at 3 grand.i almost went with 40 series but i wanted duals more. but mine is on a 98. and where in the willamette valley are you? i live in willamette on the tualitin river a little up from the mouth. we should take the Explorers out sometime. i have a 4 inch suspension lift on 33's locked with 4.56's and lots of engine mods.

93liftedXLT said:
Hey thanks fender guy, yeah i have been spending all my free time on this website untill my eyes start to water, lookin up stuff on the search button, i am getting all exitied about buyin this other 93 X , i am gonna get a compression test and leak down tomarrow, and if its good ill buy it, just need to get me a 40 series flowmaster.

I have Duel exhaust with Flowmaster Original 40 series. Heres where you can get one very cheap brand new. Got mine here.
If you want single- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=7955488996&rd=1

If you want Duel- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=7955489080&rd=1

Back