Next Pine Barrens Run? | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Next Pine Barrens Run?

Wait wait wait. You not only have a Chevy, but you have a JEEP too? Say it ain't so, Matt. :(

yea but its an XJ so it's OK... not like its a wrangler or something (only had that for a few months :scratch:)

I have a 2" lift sittin in the garage waiting to go on it. Then i'd like to do some bushwacker cut-outs and some 32x11.5s

Rain004.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might be time to invest in a DJOR pressure washer :)

I was using my air compressor; atleast now I don't smell burning grass anymore when I stop. :thumbsup:

Wait wait wait. You not only have a Chevy, but you have a JEEP too? Say it ain't so, Matt. :(

OK We REALLY need to find his old Explorer. That Heep bug is biting so hard he knows all those x,y,z codes. :roll: :(

Matt, seriously do you have an old registration or something with the VIN# on it?

EDIT: Get that pic outta here!! :rant:

:)

My friend has a 97 XJ. I've been trying to get him to lift it for the longest time.

they're pretty easy to lift, thanks to the SFA and stock SOA... they're just tempermental with driveline vibes; that's why i'm only going 2" for now. Then when im ready to turn it into a trail rig i'll add on a 3.5" kit (for 5.5") along with some drivetrain work and steering components and ill be good to go :thumbsup:

heres a few that i took,i woulda had more if i didnt keep forgetting my camera in the truck

Attachments

• offroad 001.jpg
    offroad 001.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 126
  • offroad 002.jpg
    offroad 002.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 128
  • offroad 003.jpg
    offroad 003.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 130
  • offroad 004.jpg
    offroad 004.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 127

a few more

Attachments

• offroad 005.jpg
    offroad 005.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 119
  • offroad 006.jpg
    offroad 006.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 146
  • offroad 007.jpg
    offroad 007.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 118
  • offroad 009.jpg
    offroad 009.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 118

hey hey hey now...... i also own a chevy.... and a jeep....

DSC01315.jpg

BTW.... pics look awesome wish I could've made it.

Yea but you balance it out with an Ex. Matt can no longer claim that. Although I still do have a picture of his truck headlights deep in a water crossing on my dorm wall. Haha. :D

Jason, unfortunately the hub you are getting isn't as shinny as your avatar!!

Haha, does it work? That's alllll I need!

BTW, when can I meet you to snag it? Our PM convo died.

Yea but you balance it out with an Ex. Matt can no longer claim that.

I think that since i built a basa$$ Ex and started a fiberglass fenders + 35" tire revolution that I still have the 'balance' you're talking about.

Just wait till i find my good old Ex, we'll see who can keep up ;) (i got to mess around with it a little after putting in the manual tcase and rear locker... the thing was a beast. too bad Jasper doesn't know how to make engines :mad:)

I'M PUTTING A REQUEST IN. I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE THAT TOOK PICTURES SUNDAY TO PUT THEM ALL IN A ZIP FILE (IF POSSIBLE) AND EMAIL THEM TO ME: ADMIN@DIRTYJERSEYOFFROAD.COM

THIS STUPID FIREWALL IS REALLY STARTING TO BUG ME.

THANK YOU,

ANDY
-DER NETZHAUPTMANN

Haha, does it work? That's alllll I need!

BTW, when can I meet you to snag it? Our PM convo died.

I'll see if I can get it off today or tomorrow.... I'll let you know when we can meet up... maybe thursday?????

I'll see if I can get it off today or tomorrow.... I'll let you know when we can meet up... maybe thursday?????

Thursday is a brutal day for me. I'm free all of Friday, though.

I think that since i built a basa$$ Ex and started a fiberglass fenders + 35" tire revolution that I still have the 'balance' you're talking about.

I'm thinking about making that my next step. :D The Perry's just worry me a bit, because they don't look like they fit that well.

Yea but then I gotta paint 'em to match, that's a big PITA. Not a fan of the black fender look, sorry. ;)

Oh and BTW, this is going to be interesting - my eBay parts still haven't shipped. If they don't ship today, I don't think theres any way they get to me by Sunday. :\

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get them with white gell coat then instead of black :thumbsup: I was going to paint mine then realized that $$$ could be spent on a locker and OBA (i was a fan of function over looks) :D

as far as the parts... can you contact the seller and ask for them to be expedited? even if it costs $20 more in shipping it'll be worth it. Or we can hold off till the 23rd if we have to

Back