no more 60 mph shake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no more 60 mph shake

alphabets13

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mountaineer Premier
i got my new 31'' pirelli scorpion at's and no more highway shake at all. it used to start almost exactly at 60mph and get worse as you went faster. i had it up to 85 so far and it's smooth as silk. the tires i had must have sucked real bad. they were no names that came on my X brand new when i bought it a year ago. in only 1 year they were worn and cupped, even with very frequent rotating, balancing, and aligning. so maybe my X doesn't really have the infamous 60 mph shake, it was just the tires. knock on wood.

I hate to burst your bubble but the pirelli scorpion's seem to end up chopped bvery quickly. My father and my chick both had these tires and they both had problems with the tires becoming chopped and the wonderful vibration that goes along with it.

Randy

well, i talked to a lot of people on the board that have them and all love them. they also have very high reviews on tirerack where i got them. i will continue to keep up with the maintenance on them and should have no problem....knock on wood.

Back