Offroad winch bumper for 3rd gen.

CallMeSyd

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer NBX 4.6 4x4
I'm going to start working on fabricating a bumper for my 3rd gen. I want to make a nice bumper that will support a 10,000lbs winch at minimum, support mounting for a small light bar, and support mounting for spot/fog lights. Not only do I want to do this, but I want to make them for sale. I think it's about time. I'm thinking of originally starting with a winch mount plate that I can build around and then making my own for every one after that. I want to start a business making custom offroad bumpers. So, here is where you guys come in. I want you to give me ideas on what you would like in a bumper of this sort for your 3rd gen. Not everyone will have the same idea on weight and approach angle, etc., but I'd like a general idea from the public, the 3rd gen owners, as to what you would like to see for sale. I may make 2 different versions, such as one light weight and one more heavy duty, or whatever the case. If you can draw and post a photo, your idea will come across much better, or simply post a photo of a similar bumper that you like that just won't fit a 3rd gen. I'm not sure how quickly I can get started on this because I do have a life and a family, but I will certainty get it done, unless something stops me.

I'm going to start working on fabricating a bumper for my 3rd gen. I want to make a nice bumper that will support a 10,000lbs winch at minimum, support mounting for a small light bar, and support mounting for spot/fog lights. Not only do I want to do this, but I want to make them for sale. I think it's about time. I'm thinking of originally starting with a winch mount plate that I can build around and then making my own for every one after that. I want to start a business making custom offroad bumpers. So, here is where you guys come in. I want you to give me ideas on what you would like in a bumper of this sort for your 3rd gen. Not everyone will have the same idea on weight and approach angle, etc., but I'd like a general idea from the public, the 3rd gen owners, as to what you would like to see for sale. I may make 2 different versions, such as one light weight and one more heavy duty, or whatever the case. If you can draw and post a photo, your idea will come across much better, or simply post a photo of a similar bumper that you like that just won't fit a 3rd gen. I'm not sure how quickly I can get started on this because I do have a life and a family, but I will certainty get it done, unless something stops me.
i dont own a 3rd gen but id like to see something siniliar to an arb design wise https://www.quadratec.com/p/arb/deluxe-classic-front-bumper-wrangler-jl-3450440but add some cooling holes and d rings and hi lift points and spots for an intergrated fog lights. maybe the winch intergrated into the bumper so it doesnt stick out as much so its less of a theft magnet? oh and i dunno how possible this is but maybe a built in skid to protect the pieces up to the suspensoon crossmember. that would be my ideal for a 2g at least. as far ss weight etc, not sure. dont owna 3g

i dont own a 3rd gen but id like to see something siniliar to an arb design wise https://www.quadratec.com/p/arb/deluxe-classic-front-bumper-wrangler-jl-3450440but add some cooling holes and d rings and hi lift points and spots for an intergrated fog lights. maybe the winch intergrated into the bumper so it doesnt stick out as much so its less of a theft magnet? oh and i dunno how possible this is but maybe a built in skid to protect the pieces up to the suspensoon crossmember. that would be my ideal for a 2g at least. as far ss weight etc, not sure. dont owna 3g
That link is broken. Went to "page not found". I did look it up by the link text "jl wrangler arb deluxe classic". Not a bad little bumper close to what I had in mind.

That link is broken. Went to "page not found". I did look it up by the link text "jl wrangler arb deluxe classic". Not a bad little bumper close to what I had in mind.
oh i see now i didnt put a space between the link and the next word, but. so it included that in the link. my bad! but yes, somewhat close to that. however, im not your target audience, given i dont own a 3g ;)

Back