• Register Today It's free!

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS

XLT_66

Reaction score
City, State
GO TEXAS TECH
Year, Model & Trim Level
P.O.S. Mitsu Diamante
Okay, so i got this new billit grille...it looks great...except for the fact that me and my pops can't figure out how the hell to install it. We had to cut away the old plastic grille, then sand it down...it looks great, especially for a first timer with the little devil of a cutting device. But anywho, we go to install it, and the directions suck real bad...the grille has to be out of the way from the grille sheel which goes on over it. And there are 4 brackets and only six screws... 4 of the screws have to be used to screw the brackets to the grille, and that leaves only two to screw the grille to the explorer. And the kit says you only need 6 screws, but it also says you have to screw the top and bottom brackets to the explorer too. So it seems like i am two screws short, but i am not. And spacing is a problem too...like, the brackets have to go in certain places for all of them to fit. I know this all sounds SOOOO complicated...but i need to know if anyone has installed a grille where they had to do all of this crazy stuff.

Back