RABS module question

MattHarrell

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fort Valley, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
I'm wondering if the RABS module is going bad on my truck. I replaced the RABS sensor on the rear differential and that helped. I also had a shop open the differential and check it out for me - they said it looked like it was in good shape. I had new fluid put in (with the friction modifier for my 3.73 LSD) and now I get the same behavior I had about six months ago - after about a half hour's drive (time to warm up the fluid?) I turn off the truck and then go turn it on again within the next half hour and the RABS light comes on and stays on. If I let it cool down it's fine. Is my RABS module going bad?

I've never gotten a chance to try any codes on it since I never think about it until the least opportune moment. Codes should stay in the computer even after I've turned it off, right? I did have a shop run it for codes about six months ago and they didn't find anything.

Check out this thread on ABS problems. I posted what went on with my intermittent RABS light in it. I'm just too lazy to type it again :)

Dead Link Removed

Thanks. I must have missed that one even though I read a bunch of others.

I've replacd the speed sensor so I'll try the brake fluid next. Strange, I don't think it's all that old but it's worth giving it a try.

As long as it isn't something major.

Back