Seat upgrade | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seat upgrade

I just finished putting in a set of 2002 leather seats into my '97 Sport. It was a direct bolt in job and took about an hour to switch over. For power to the driver seat, I ran a wire and spliced it into the light blue/black power lead to the driver door power window motor since both the seat and window motors are 7.5 amps and would have shared the same fuse in the power distribution box anyway. I also grounded the seat motor on the seat track. These seats are comfy as hell!!!

Attachments

• leath front.jpg
    leath front.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,212

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i keep my rear headrest's all the way up also!!..but on those seat's they look funny

very nice!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well damn, I guess that clears that up. I was wondering if 02 seats would bolt up

Can I assume that the 97 Sport and 97 XLT hav ethe same bolt ups for chairs? The leather in my 97 is starting to get ratty and for 500 bux or so I would die to go with new seats. Those things look way comfy.

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
i keep my rear headrest's all the way up also!!

Why do you guys want your headrests up in the air like 2 feet? It looks just plain silly. :rolleyes:

Fronts look great with the RED! Takes away that boring one tone color. But yes, put the rear head rest down!
Unless you have 2 more RED inserts. :D

Originally posted by old mechanic
Fronts look great with the RED! Takes away that boring one tone color. But yes, put the rear head rest down!
Unless you have 2 more RED inserts. :D

Dont think yall need to worry anymore, since he has since sold this for a Boneville.........:D

And Typhoon, yes the seats will bolt right up for the Front, however the Back seat will be to Small..... They sports and the 4doors have different Back Seats.......

I'm curious...How much did the leather from the 2002 set ya back? I have power cloth seats in my '02 and wouldn't mind the upgrade to leather.

Originally posted by WarthogExplorer
I'm curious...How much did the leather from the 2002 set ya back? I have power cloth seats in my '02 and wouldn't mind the upgrade to leather.

sigh..400$

anyone know if the 1st gen X seat bolt patterns are the same?

seatbolt patterns

sorry imeant to say are the 1st gens pattern the same as the 2000 i am trying to do a seat upgrad but want to buy some seats from ford so that they can be leather and a new style, thanks

datboychris said:
sorry imeant to say are the 1st gens pattern the same as the 2000 i am trying to do a seat upgrad but want to buy some seats from ford so that they can be leather and a new style, thanks

Yup, all but '91

Back