SkyJacker 6" Lift? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SkyJacker 6" Lift?

I used to run the Skyjacker class II 6" lift until I decided to do a SAS. I still have the lift kit if anyone is interested.
I'm using the coils and rear leafs but everything else is there so getting those parts are no problem because they sell coils and rear leaf packs seperately.
So the right and left dropped TTB brackets, extended radius arms w/brackets, new crossmember and dropped
pitman arm are what I have left of the kit.
The new crossmember replaces the stock one and it ties into the radius arm brackets.
If anyone is interested, send me an email and i'll give you a price.
Oh one more thing I forgot, the lift was on my 97 Ranger(last year of the TTB setup) but it will fit 93-97 Rangers and pretty sure it will work on any TTB Ex's, i'd do some research to make sure though...also, i'm using the shocks from the kit but who wants to run used shocks anyways...Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a pic of all the parts, i painted them a metallic grey but tire rubbing rubbed off some of the paint so you might wabt to have them sandblasted and repainted.

Attachments

• image01.jpg
    image01.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 319

Whats the purpose of the new cross member? I noticed that during the time that Skyjacker had the 6" lift on their website, they had a new cross member with it. I bought that lift off a guy on here and his did not have the cross member. Is it just for the radius arms?

Thanks for those who have inquired about the lift kit i posted. Looks like I have a buyer for the kit but if the deal doesn't go through, i'll post it again next month.

As far as the new crossmember is concerned, the location of the radius arm brackets mount exactly where
the stock trans crossmember is so they had to make a whole new one to tie into the brackets. Plus it gives the
brackets a lot more strength as opposed to being mounted by themselves. Now the crossmember is for the class II kits with extended radius arms, their regular lift kits do not use a new crossmember since it uses dropped brackets on the stock radius arms. In other words, the the stock radius arms with dropped brackets
are shorter in length than the class II kits so the crossmember isnt affected.

if anyone has the part number for that lift I would really appreciate if I can have it... I just looked at the 4wheelparts webiste and they don't list them as class I or II - is it because they don't make class I anymore?

Anyway, I would love to go with class II with longer radius arms. Since lifts are the same for Ranger and Explorer can someone explain why the price is different on them? a lot? Is it because the Explorer one includes rear leaf packs? well, heck if I'm gonna do SOA in the rear then I don't need those leaf packs.....

anyway, number would be appreciated and of course if you still have the lift available drop me a line, would ya?
;)

have to call skyjacker for the part numbers, then 4wheel parts to see if they have it in stock.

I paid 1300 bucks with pitman arm and rancho rs9000 shocks and brake lines.

I'll call SJ too just to make sure I'm getting something I need instead of something other then what's in the picture.

Thanks,

Dre, i'll dig up the receipt I got with my lift kit and see what the lift kit # is. It will be for a 93-97 Ranger so I don't know if it will be the same for an Explorer.
AS far as the price difference, Skyjacker offers regular lift kits and Class II kits(this again refers to the Ranger kits). Regular kits have only dropped brakets for the beams and radius arms. Class II kits have replacement extended radius arms w/ new trans crossmember as well as the dropped TTB brackets. Also, class II is offered as a KIT or a SYSTEM. Kits come with blocks for the rear and systems come with replacement leaf packs. I don't know what Skyjacker is offering these days beacause this information i'm giving you is from when I bought mine about 3 yrs ago but I hope it helps you out.
I should also mention The class II kit came with the front coils, dropped pitman and shocks. They also offer extended stainless steel brake lines at an extra cost.
Hope this info helps you out some.

Originally posted by Dre
I'll call SJ too just to make sure I'm getting something I need instead of something other then what's in the picture.

Thanks,

If ya plan on keepin the truck for a good bit of time, SAS is definately worth it... I don't mind my TTB w the 6in class II but, lots more flex w/ a SAS

I've got the Skyjacker Master Catalog from 2001.
4" class 2 lift kit part # is 234EXK-A with Hydro shocks
6" class 2 lift kit part # is 236EXK-A with Hydro shocks
There is a seperate part # listing for every part in the kit if you need to replace just one piece . I can scan it if someone wants to post it.

Ron thanks much.... it should help. I was looking at this particular lift on 4wheelparts.com and seen a big difference in prices between lifts for Explorer and Ranger. All I need is the front lift. I'm going with SOA conversion in the back.

After talking to 4wheelparts I'm more confused than I was... numbers don't match. They don't have such numbers. First off on their site they list 6" lift for a Ranger at $508.00. When I called I got a price of $720.00 - that is a class I....

They don't stock class II but can get it.... guess what!?
price is $2,100.00 even.

Impossible?
Impossible to get a catalogue from Skyjacker.

Checked others.... cheapest found is $963.00 from National Tire and Wheel..... good deal.

Originally posted by Dre
Checked others.... cheapest found is $963.00 from National Tire and Wheel..... good deal.

I bought all my stuff from em.. Lift wheels tires... At the time, slightly better prices, but the service they gave was great!

I'll have to wait on the lift for a while... founds are running low. For no I got the rims and am working on getting a 3rd member... transmission is my priority one... no tranny - no driving. Then I'll think about the lift.

So far NT&W is the cheapest place to get anything... lifts, tires, rims, winches.... might buy from them.

ron sent me the pics, but they are in tif format... and i can read them, but i cant save them in a format that is allowed on the site.... hmmmmm.....

What format is allowed? Maybe I can change it.

gif or jpg are the formats allowed by rick

ok...here's the part # for the class II ranger kit:

236RHKSN-A

I also went with the Nitro shocks which is supposed to be their best and here's the price i paid for the whole deal : $1432.00 and that was about 3 yrs ago.

So DB_1

Have you sold the above components yet? It is exactly what I'm needing! I hope you still have it!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes, the kit has been sold awhile back, sorry i never posted it.

Back