• Register Today It's free!

TB spacer

maximus44

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4x4 4dr.
Well I went through the trouble to look up stuff so I could add to the "Top 5mpg Mods" thread, and it was locked. Anyways, here's what I had to add.

I know this isn't the same as a TB spacer. But if this works for Yamaha's production bikes, then is it so hard to believe that a TB spacer might work in a similar way.
Note: I don't have a TB spacer and at this point I have no interest in getting one. Just trying to open up some more thought on the subject.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/news/2006/10/10/yzf-r1.html

Copied:
"YCC-I" (Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake)
This model adopts a newly designed liquid-cooled DOHC, in-line 4-cylinder, 4-valve/cylinder engine. It also adopts the "YCC-I" (Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake) electronic-control servo motor-driven variable air funnel (intake duct) system, which is the first of its kind in the world to be adopted on a production motorcycle. This system enables optimum performance in both the low- to mid-speed range and the high-speed range. The intake ducts (funnels) are each divided into upper and lower portions that in their normal connected position create a single funnel for fresh air intake. When engine rpm and throttle opening exceed a certain level the funnel parts separate in a way that only the shorter bottom part functions as the intake duct. This enables smooth torque development across the entire rpm range.

No, it allows variable air flow into the throttle bodies to provide a broader powerband. As opposed to just high rpm power or just low rpm power.
Kind of like when you put a high flow exhaust on your vehicle, it let's it breathe better for more higher rpm power. On some motorcycles they have an exhaust valve (usually a butterfly valve in the collector). It opens when at high rpm for more flow and semi-closes at low rpm for more low rpm power.

Back