• Register Today It's free!

Tuning on 3rd gen explorers

2003 FordRunner

Reaction score
City, State
Port Ludlow, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 FORD Explorer XLT
Hello explorer forum, I have a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT with a 4.6l V8 that I am in the process of manual swapping. I have been following whiteknight1982's guide to manual swapping 3rd gen Explorers, but before I commit to ordering the transmission I want to make sure that I will be able to get it tuned right. I tried finding the tuner he used to make the manual tune for his Explorer but it seems that tuner is no longer around as their website is down. I need a tune for my Explorer so I don't get a ton of warning lights and limp mode for when the PCM is no longer getting signals from the automatic transmission sensors and I need to make it so that the PCM no longer looks for these sensors. I am posting to see if there are any tuners in the forum that could do this, or if anybody here knows of a tuner who could.
Thanks in advance!

Hello explorer forum, I have a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT with a 4.6l V8 that I am in the process of manual swapping. I have been following whiteknight1982's guide to manual swapping 3rd gen Explorers, but before I commit to ordering the transmission I want to make sure that I will be able to get it tuned right. I tried finding the tuner he used to make the manual tune for his Explorer but it seems that tuner is no longer around as their website is down. I need a tune for my Explorer so I don't get a ton of warning lights and limp mode for when the PCM is no longer getting signals from the automatic transmission sensors and I need to make it so that the PCM no longer looks for these sensors. I am posting to see if there are any tuners in the forum that could do this, or if anybody here knows of a tuner who could.
Thanks in advance!
afaik it was 3rd parties using the SCT flash tuners. i dont think SCT direct ever did it. my understanding is you'd have to find a 3rd party who could do it for you.

I would try to get ahold of LSXkilr. He should be able to get you sorted out. Or at least point you in the right direction.

Back