• Register Today It's free!

Turbo Charger System/Lift Kit

Mocking750

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, MB
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
So, I have a couple questions about turbo and lifts. I own a 1998 Explorer Sport 4.0L OHV 2wd.

Is there any kind of turbo kit out there that can be installed on this vehilce?

Also if a body lift is done on it will the front and rear bumpers be raised too?

I'm trying to get it custom for racing. What other mods are there I can do? So far I have exhaust, cold air intake, and both a new mod chip and programmer on order.
Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks
Mocking750

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there anything else I can do?

Yeah, search around. You're not the first person to have these questions. There are a few tubro'd Explorers on the site. And about 5,371 body lifted Explorers. Don't be afraid to hit the search button before the new post button.

What kind of racing are talking about? Because lower would be better for street. Lower would make better handling and center of gravity.

both street but I have 16" rim and 275 tire. Everytime i go over a bump the truck bottoms out. So I'm looking to do a 2 inch lift or something so that it doesnt bottom out anymore. And i dont want smaller tires or rims.

Any suggestions?

Do you know if your x has already been lowered. If it has you could be hitting the bump stops.

Addding a turbo and larger tires pretty much defeats the purpose unless you regear. The problem is that with larger tires, you increase the moment arm of the tire/wheel combo which means it requires greater torque to rotate. Unless you have gobs of torque already (like a top fuel dragster), larger tires isnt going to help.

Back