Wiper Dont Work...Help!

Ranger379

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
middle of nowhere, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4X4 4.0 OHV Auto
hey guys, having some bad luck lately haha. dropped my truck off at the garage last night b/c HUGE hole in brake line, so i took my moms to school this morning, had a tiny skiff of snow on the windshield so i hit the wipers to clear it off, and suddenly i heard a bad noise and the drivers wiper went up and off the windshield lol, the wiper moves freely, so i took the cowl off and the long arm coming from the wiper motor popped off, so i lined it back up and popped it back on, it goes up and down again then pops right back off, how can i fix this? my mom isnt very happy that she cant drive in the rain/snow now haha, guess i should have made sure they werent frozen first :banghead: ... lesson learned lol

bump, need some here replacing it, i stopped and got the part, had to buy whole assembly. i took the wiper arm off and took cowl off, from the wiper motor i removed both arms, the right arm fell off, but how to i get the rest of the wiper stuff off? the part that comes up from the bottom thru the cowl? thanks

Did you get this fixed? I have the same problem with mine. Where did you get the parts? What did they cost?

Did you get this fixed? I have the same problem with mine. Where did you get the parts? What did they cost?
ya fixed it, easy 5 minute job, take your cowl off and make sure you are getting the right part, is your pass or drivers side not working? take cowl off and there is an "arm" from the whiper motor shaft to the left wiper and one to right wiper. then go to ford and tell them ya need the linkage for the pass/drivers side wiper it was like 50 bucks i think maybe 30? to replace take wiper arm off, remove cowl, where the wiper arm hooks on there is a big plastic nut, (dont looks like anything but it is a nut) its 1 -1/8 inch i believe, take it off and the linkage drops right down, remove other side off the wiper motor shaft, there is a pin type thing on the end of shaft, when u put new one one i greased shaft. replace in opposite order, if ya need any help feel free to ask, i did this twice already lol good luck

Back