Worst stuck pic thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Worst stuck pic thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now that you said that you will get stuck next time out, trust me:

2893moab03.jpg

ONly got stuck here because I had 3wd, limited slip rear? yes, locked front yes? pass side axleshaft in the TTB? no.

Moab in 3wd, dripping ATF from a failing A4LD, still RULES!

How's this? :D When I get stuck, I like the TTB to be unnoticeable. ;) :p (Notice the Jeep stuck behind me in the second pic. Hell, I was going through that part earlier in 2WD! :D)

Attachments

• Stuck4.1.JPG
    Stuck4.1.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 17,025
  • Tisma and Bryan Calling For Coleman To Pull Them out.jpg
    Tisma and Bryan Calling For Coleman To Pull Them out.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 16,464

BMX, that doesnt look stuck??? hahaha what happened? high center? You locked?

I think he is 2wd. I dont get stuck because I dont have a truck to wheel at the moment haha.. great pics guys.

Premier said:
I think he is 2wd. I dont get stuck because I dont have a truck to wheel at the moment haha.. great pics guys.

BMX is NOT 2wd, if i remember right, he told me the TTB got hung up, and as far as i know, he doesnt have a locker....

here is mine... all the same spot... the tire in the air just spun, and the rears were both spinning in the dirt

Attachments

• svra6.jpg
    svra6.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 16,083
  • svra3.jpg
    svra3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 16,186
  • svra4.jpg
    svra4.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 16,140

that must've been a long time ago, right jim. the explorer still had a roof and the stock windshield

Here ya go,

all three of these are from the same trip, I got "unstuck" after a lot of pulling front and rear, the CJ sucked in water and the XJ was able to free himself.

Attachments

• xj2xtreme.jpg
    xj2xtreme.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 15,949
  • stuck.jpg
    stuck.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 16,603
  • cj sunk.jpg
    cj sunk.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 16,003

18333stuck4_bmp-med.jpg

18333me-stuck-med.jpg

long story of how i got like that (there is an explination floating around one of the badlands threads)....ended up being pulled off the side of the hill :eek:

410Fortune said:
BMX, that doesnt look stuck??? hahaha what happened? high center? You locked?
You had to be there. In the first pic, you can see how the 31s are about swallowed in there. The 8.8 got hung up in the middle and the tires were no where near the ground. Some 35s+ must have rutted it out for me.

In the second pic, it didn't look really stuck, but that thing was MAJORLY stuck. The TTB couldn't even be seen at all. They don't call it a plow for nothing. :D You really know your stuck when a Bronco on 38s has to take a couple of runs for you to be pulled out! :eek:

No I'm not locked, and no I'm not 2wd. ;) Well, actually I am locked and have 4.88 gears...only problem is that they are sitting in a Ford 9" in my basement. :D

jimabena74 said:
the tire in the air just spun, and the rears were both spinning in the dirt

ive heard that applying some brake sometimes helps when a wheel is just free spinning in the air (to force the differential to transfer some of the power since the spinning wheel would slow down a bit due to the brake).. ive never tried it tho..

Jim, I like the half clear/half stock corners. :D My locker is on the way, so I'm gonna be trying some crazy stuff on my first outing with it. I'll try to whip up a nice pic to post in this thread. I don't really have pictures of the other stucks.

Heres a old one

Heres a old one from redneck beach....

Attachments

• stuck.jpg
    stuck.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 15,800

That first pic is JohnStone right? WTF happened to his fender?

BeauJ said:

whatever happened to it - i like it ;)

BeauJ said:

Yep, that's John alright. If you think that fender is bad, you should see the other ones, I think a tree, the side of a hill, maybe some rocks, and some other stuff happened to it. On the plus side, I think all the body work was worth it, I've seen that truck do some pretty amazing things at our local mud hole, he has no fear.

AK looks absolutely fascinating!

snowburns said:
i have one similar to Texplorer's but i dont have a scanner right now
so this my worst i have a picture of:
7-2-05_004_(small).jpg

i <3 being high centered...

^
(heart)

i was thinking of postin that for you if you dident..lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a better one than all of those.......hmmmm...........I would have to become elite.....

Back