WTB Low mile 1989 - 1992 Ranger

Kirby N.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ranger
Thought I would post up since my search has been a big challenge. I am looking for a specific ranger and it has been a pretty hard truck to locate. Here is what I am looking for if anyone can help. Willing to travel to get it too.

1989-1992 Ranger
Manual
Extended Cab
4x4
Low Miles

Seems like every one I locate has 150K+++. I am looking in the under 100K miles range.

Please let me know if you run accross one. Of course it will be getting the usual treatment. SAS, Lockers, etc. But it will serve Daily Driving duties for me so I want something nice and reliable to start with.

TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks fellas! I think Stic-os hood is a little far to drive (and one has a 2.9 and the other has a 200,000+ miles), but the others are definately with in range. I got all excited about the green on in greely a couple of weeks ago only to find it was a 2.9. The blue one popped up today I think- I saw it earlier. I am going to call tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed on the red one. Hoping it is not a 2.9. Hopefully one of them is what I am looking for.

I have been using autotempest.com to cruise the craigslist/ ebay/ auto traders every night. The cool thing about it is like with craigslist it gives you the closest cr, then moves out further consecutively. Sweet tool for sure.

Thanks guys! I expanded my search this week to include nice low mile f150s in the 1992-1996 era. The ranger I want is the unicorn I think. There is a white 1992 STX not too far from my house that is exactly what I want- not for sale though!!

92-96 F150? I look for those almost daily. A coworker of mine has one with like 70,000 miles. White, longbox, reg cab, 4WD, in MINT condition. Not for sale though.

As for your F150, do you want...
6 cyl, 302, 351?
reg cab, ext cab?
short or long box?
4WD or 2WD?
auto or stick?

The red ranger in lincoln is an auto with a 2.9 :( The blue one in greely is a 2.9 too.

92-96 F150? I look for those almost daily. A coworker of mine has one with like 70,000 miles. White, longbox, reg cab, 4WD, in MINT condition. Not for sale though.

As for your F150, do you want...
6 cyl, 302, 351?
reg cab, ext cab?
short or long box?
4WD or 2WD?
auto or stick?

I think with the weather currently people are hanging on to them. Stinking dealers are pretty firm too.

The f150 I would be interested in must be
Short Box
Extended cab
V8

Prefer a 351 and a stick, but interested in autos and 302s.

Might have to make a drive for that one. It looks really close. I am considering looking at this one too:
http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2138220576.html

I have heard the new v8s have aluminium heads and not enough spark plug threads so they commonly blow the plugs out of the cylinder! 3 Doors are nice though. The manual is really nice too. I got really close on one yesterday, but not close enough so I told the dealer forget it.

Then I could see that one with the 300 too. I have heard some good things about the ol 6 cylinder.

I would really unconsider the jzford one. Look at the rust above the rear wheel. Fairly common on most of the pickups I have seen from eastern NE.

The F150 at masidchev is STUNNING. I drove by it today. Either had a nice respray, or the original paint is pristine. From the looks of the undercarriage, I think it's original, with lots of garage time.

Thats cool. If it was extended cab I would be all over it (or if my ranger dies tomorrow!!). Thanks again for the help. Depending on how work goes tomorrow I am going to try to sneak up and see a couple of those.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/2137939286.html

1990 Ford Ranger Super Cab 2.9l and is stick shift. Brand new clutch and starter put in last week. New tires all around put on in July and only 3k miles so far on them. Red/Maroonish color. New heater core and battery as well as battery cables. Radiator is 1 year old as is the water pump. Hate to sell, but our family is outgrowing this truck.

Back