• Register Today It's free!

10R80 MHT fluid fill procedure

ErinfromCanada

Reaction score
City, State
ypsilanti, michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 hybrid
I am looking for the transmission fill volume and procedure, as the dealer changed my valve body, and left me low, 3.7 liters, on a 19 liter fill requirement. Do you have access to the 2020 Ford Explorer workshop manual WSM fill procedure and volumes after a throttle body change? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Erin. :wave:
I'm curious how you determined you were 3.7L low when the manual states there is no dipstick. It also mentions to see your dealer about checking the levels.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Erin. :wave:
I'm curious how you determined you were 3.7L low when the manual states there is no dipstick. It also mentions to see your dealer about checking the levels.

Peter
Had hard shifting, especially when cold, so I took it to another dealer, who then filled it. Hard shifting resolved. First dealer refused to pay the resulting bill. Refill procedures on line are complicated, cold, then warm, and 5 seconds in each gear to fully fill the worm trails, converter etc. Road test, then check the fill again. I expect that they skipped a few steps. BTW, it has a dipstick.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Here is the procedure for the 10R 60. I'm not sure if the 10R80 is the same.
Looks great! Thanks! Likely not quite the same, but no doubt very close.
I don't know if the MHT hybrid bit needs additional fluid for it's cooling. I expect that the ten gear sets require a little more volume as well, to activate the shifts, but the procedure is likely identical.

Fantastic. Thanks!

Back